iXtreme LT+ Lite Touch Xbox 360 Drive Firmware Flashing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Slim LiteOn constantly ejecting

    I have a Slim LiteOn 0225 here that is having some serious ejecting issues. Each time I turn it on and go to the dashboard it seems to be backwards. When it's opening it reads closing. When the trays open it reads "Open Tray" and it won't even attempt to read discs as it doesn't stay closed long enough for the laser to start up.

    I've dumped the drive using a USB Pro already. No ejecting issues when i power it though a ck3 either. I've switched the power and SATA cables inside the console so its not either of them. The RF power module is constantly flashing from the time I turn the console on. I've reset any possible updates and connected to xbox live to apply any patches so it can't be a corrupted update.

    No idea what to do here, I am pretty much at a brick wall here so any advice will be greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Up and Coming Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 54 Times in 54 Posts
    Wow, That sounds like a pain in the ass. Have you flashed the FW at all ??

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,563
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 766 Times in 749 Posts
    Probably bad power/eject ribbon cable, check for cracks and such.

    How To Replace A Slim Power & Eject Switch Ribbon Flex Cable - Team Xecuter

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,282
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 163 Times in 159 Posts
    Presuming you have kamikaze'd the drive? Could be the source of the issue.

    Alternatively, with the drive stripped you'll see that 3 of the wires that connect to the pcb connect at the other end to a small module (the green, white and red wires iirc) - the top side of that module is like a small lever mechanism which tells the system whether the drive is open/closed, if this is stuck/broken/not switching over properly it can produce the symptoms you are describing.
    1. The first rule of Jungleflasher is.... you always save your key first.
    2. The second rule of Jungleflasher is.... YOU ALWAYS SAVE YOUR KEY FIRST!!!

    Studies have shown that using the "Thanks" button increases both length and girth

    Flashing/Glitching Xbox 360's in Birmingham, UK
    Feedback from satisfied customers

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Methtical For This Useful Post:

    beardsleybob (08-28-2012)

  6. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Piran Wright View Post
    Wow, That sounds like a pain in the ass. Have you flashed the FW at all ??
    A pain in the ass is an understatement I haven't even gotten to writing the firmware as it's a winbond and I'm not too eager to try a Kamikaze

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Probably bad power/eject ribbon cable, check for cracks and such.

    How To Replace A Slim Power & Eject Switch Ribbon Flex Cable - Team Xecuter
    I was starting to think that too, so I hope you're right. I'm not too accustomed to Slims so I'm not to sure what happens when it errors. NO RROD right? Hope so as I'd hate for the SATA or power port to be the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Methtical View Post
    Presuming you have kamikaze'd the drive? Could be the source of the issue.

    Alternatively, with the drive stripped you'll see that 3 of the wires that connect to the pcb connect at the other end to a small module (the green, white and red wires iirc) - the top side of that module is like a small lever mechanism which tells the system whether the drive is open/closed, if this is stuck/broken/not switching over properly it can produce the symptoms you are describing.
    No Kamikaze yet which is confusing. Just checked it there, the green white and gold cables? Theyre connected to the PCB but nothing else on the other side, seems a stupid question but where does that connect to?
    Last edited by beardsleybob; 08-27-2012 at 08:40 PM.

  7. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,563
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 766 Times in 749 Posts
    9 times out of 10 after opening a slim and putting back together when you have the disc tray issues is because of damage to the power/eject ribbon cable. make sure its not loose and plugged in all the way/properly.

  8. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,282
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 163 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardsleybob View Post

    No Kamikaze yet which is confusing. Just checked it there, the green white and gold cables? Theyre connected to the PCB but nothing else on the other side, seems a stupid question but where does that connect to?
    From where they connect to the PCB, follow it to the other end of the wire.
    1. The first rule of Jungleflasher is.... you always save your key first.
    2. The second rule of Jungleflasher is.... YOU ALWAYS SAVE YOUR KEY FIRST!!!

    Studies have shown that using the "Thanks" button increases both length and girth

    Flashing/Glitching Xbox 360's in Birmingham, UK
    Feedback from satisfied customers

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Methtical For This Useful Post:

    beardsleybob (08-28-2012)

  10. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winchester, U.K.
    Posts
    3,188
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 416 Times in 405 Posts
    You have 2 micro switched that they attach to, when the drawer shuts it hits the switch telling the drive that it's shut, if it's moved or broken then every time it powers up the drive thinks the drawer is constantly open, have you tried gently forcing the drawer in a little bit harder than it does by itself? It could also be a bit of dust or something fouling the switch to.
    We really don't like repeating ourselves. straight up!

    http://www.ixtreme.net/downloads-tut...tml#post209529 Using a 360 for flashing

    http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61768 Pot Tweaking

    http://www.ixtreme.net/uk-flashing-s...hire-area.html 360 Custom Firmware flashing from 10

    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f...207-1-2014.rar All LTPlus and LTU firmware in one handy place.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to TFi1969 For This Useful Post:

    beardsleybob (08-28-2012)

  12. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    9 times out of 10 after opening a slim and putting back together when you have the disc tray issues is because of damage to the power/eject ribbon cable. make sure its not loose and plugged in all the way/properly.

    I had these issues before the console was even opened though...


    Quote Originally Posted by Methtical View Post
    From where they connect to the PCB, follow it to the other end of the wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFi1969 View Post
    You have 2 micro switched that they attach to, when the drawer shuts it hits the switch telling the drive that it's shut, if it's moved or broken then every time it powers up the drive thinks the drawer is constantly open, have you tried gently forcing the drawer in a little bit harder than it does by itself? It could also be a bit of dust or something fouling the switch to.

    This isn't attached to anything but a piece of plastic. I have a feeling that shouldn't be been loose

    http://i.imgur.com/9BudF.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slim LiteOn constantly ejecting-9budf.jpg  
    Last edited by beardsleybob; 08-28-2012 at 11:33 AM.

  13. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,282
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 163 Times in 159 Posts
    Haha nope not good at all, that little lever/switch isn't supposed to be dangling around like that, and is the exact cause of your problems. Look where it is located in this picture:

    http://www.team-xecuter.com/dg-16d4s_pcb/pcb_2.jpg

    That is where it is supposed to be, and if it's out like that then you'll have to find a way to secure it in - the drive tray passes over that lever with each eject/tray in to tell the drive whether the tray is in or out, so it needs to be secured in the correct position and held sturdy as it'll be worked alot over the consoles lifetime. I superglued one in place one time but I wouldn't recommend it as if you get it in the wrong spot you'll fubar the whole thing and end up needing a new drive, so perhaps try blu tac or something.
    1. The first rule of Jungleflasher is.... you always save your key first.
    2. The second rule of Jungleflasher is.... YOU ALWAYS SAVE YOUR KEY FIRST!!!

    Studies have shown that using the "Thanks" button increases both length and girth

    Flashing/Glitching Xbox 360's in Birmingham, UK
    Feedback from satisfied customers

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Methtical For This Useful Post:

    beardsleybob (08-28-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Liteon Drive Keeps Ejecting, Green Light Flashing
    By SquareGravy in forum Open Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 06:07 PM
  2. CK3 PRO Not Ejecting Liteon?
    By daneyboy in forum Open Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 03:29 PM
  3. Constantly Learning - Dashboard Upgrades
    By welshgje in forum Open Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 05:50 PM
  4. LiteOn 83850C HELP!! Not ejecting
    By whoseanthony in forum Open Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 04:38 AM
  5. Xbox 360 / Liteon 83850C V1 ejecting problem
    By XpsychO in forum iXtreme LT+ Lite Touch Firmware Phat Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
1e2 Forum