xk3y stuck on logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xk3y stuck on logo

I need help with a xk3y... so my friend has installed a xk3y (yes, my friend and not me) but he was dumb and updated the dashboard from an iso, so now the xk3y gets stuck on the logo and does not load the isos. He ask for my help, but im new to the xk3y. i got the dummy for the drive and place it in the sd card but nothing happens, the remote is still stuck on the xkey logo. could some one point me in the right direction please?

The drive is a liteon DG-16D2S 0251, the xk3y is v1.1.

Thanks

Did the xbox complete the update? If so, try upgrading/downgrading your firmware on the XK3Y.... assuming you had the XK3Y working before.
    Last edited by scarecrow__76; 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling issues

Comment

Re: xk3y stuck on logo

You need to read the Xkey manual. The dummy.bin must be stock fw and renamed firmware.bin for phat boxes on the Xkey. The micro.SD card may need to be reimaged, basically starting from scratch. The remote should show all the info about the xbox DVD key, Xkey fw and such in the "About" section. If its only showing Xkey1.1 and no other options, then the Xkey and remote are not communicating.

You might want to try the Xkey forum. Be prepared to give all the system info. They have an info template for all the specifics requested.

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G
      Last edited by RhoTrux64; 04-05-2013, 11:17 AM.
      sigpic

New to iXtreme.net? Click on the ACHIEVEMENT

JungleFlasher / Tutorial
      Burner Max Payoad Tool / XGD3 Burning Tutorial
      iXtreme LTPlus Firmware
      ABGX360 /Tutorial

Comment

the updated was completed and before the update the xk3y was working fine, i tried all the things in the FAQ section of the xk3y guide and could not make it work, the remote just shows the logo, i tried to update the xkey firmware but it did not change. I'll try the xkeyforum also. thank you guys

Comment

nevermind

Comment

if the remote is stuck on the logo, the remote is getting power but cannot communicate with the xk3y.
            check the ribbon cable to see if it is inserted properly (the correct way).
            sigpic

Comment

Solution Found

Originally posted by vlad_Demon69 View Post
              I need help with a xk3y... so my friend has installed a xk3y (yes, my friend and not me) but he was dumb and updated the dashboard from an iso, so now the xk3y gets stuck on the logo and does not load the isos. He ask for my help, but im new to the xk3y. i got the dummy for the drive and place it in the sd card but nothing happens, the remote is still stuck on the xkey logo. could some one point me in the right direction please?

The drive is a liteon DG-16D2S 0251, the xk3y is v1.1.

Thanks
              Hi,
              I had the same problem and spent a lot of time checking many things to rule out every little thing. The main thing is that the xkey is not communicating with the remote. What I did was to reimage the micro sd card and redo the dummy.bin file to put in the sd card.

At first I tried using some image files that were old that I had used on older machines but because this was a slim unit, I ended up using xk3y-2.01-4.img which you need to probably run usb image tool as an administrator and sett the setting in the options to truncate oversize images otherwise you'll get the error that the image is too big for the size of the card.
              Then once all that was done, I was getting xkey 1.1 still on the screen. I had everything else sorted. I had three micro usb cables that were giving me nothing, only the one was giving me the xkey logo. Then I used an 30volt 80 degree celcius cable. This worked perfectly. The inferior micro usb cables I think they overheat or something and they malfunction so the connection fails. If you get a cable that they supply with phone chargers, this will work better. I also got to the stage previously where I was trying to reflash the drive but only found ridiculous methods so I thought this wasn't needed initially anyway when the xkey was setup- it was always left as stock anyway and with xbox updates, it has remained this way. The only things going on with this drive and the xkey is the cable and possibly the sd card image may have become corrupted. Check the cable first and replace it with one that says something like "usb shielded high speed cable 2.0 revision 28AWG/1P and 28AWG/2C E309675 AWM 2725 80oC" the last 80oC being degrees celcius.

Comment

Thank you, but hopefully he sorted it 3 years ago
                sigpic

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
                looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments

Comment

Working...
                X