High temperature on EDRAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High temperature on EDRAM

I have a xbox 360 console for past 2 years it was running completely fine until now something odd has Started happening the fan speeds are up and at maximum speed . Then i noticed that my edram temperature is too high above 77°C while all other are below 50°C . This happens everytime i boot the fan speed is up at full speed after 5 sec of the boot

Please help

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is this a slim trinity/corona or a Phat? If so which one? Have you had it open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Click here for premium Flashing / Jtag / RGH / xk3y services in Manchester UK
    Jungleflasher
    Molex PC Power dvd cable + PMT probe
    Xbox Backup creator
    abgx
    Don't say thanks click thanks

Comment

It is corona I've tried everything even changed thermal paste but still its goes upto 85°C while all others are below 60°C . The xbox now has started getting shut down automatically due to heat please suggest me what to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well the edram is not actually the ram chips it's embedded ram built into the CPU-GPU combo.
        You could try to remove the IHS probably a few you tube videos showing how to do it. Once removed clean and add new thermal paste to the dies and refit the IHS using a dribble of silicon on the edges to hold it in place. I don't have pictures to show you but if you Google "IHS Xbox 360" you should get plenty of hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Click here for premium Flashing / Jtag / RGH / xk3y services in Manchester UK
        Jungleflasher
        Molex PC Power dvd cable + PMT probe
        Xbox Backup creator
        abgx
        Don't say thanks click thanks

Comment

Working...
        X