Error Code: E100 00000703 80910002 Theory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Code: E100 00000703 80910002 Theory

Ok, so long story short my Xbox One does not have a disc drive in it no longer. Thing is during an update last night my console threw up this error code on the screen. On the support forums it looks like other people have had this issue before, and it seems it is a death sentence for your console. Now my console is different than most. It literally has no drive inside of it. Although, I am aware it is not uncommon for an Xbox One to come with a completely dead disc drive (just through what I have seen online and also had a friend that bought one brand new and it would not accept discs or anything). I'm wondering if these faulty disc drives are the culprit. Maybe it checks to see if the drive is there, and if not, well kablooey. I'm not sure. I also know I am shit out of luck most likely and I'm really not too upset about it, but I am going to dive into the hardware and see if there is anything I can do to resolve this issue. First thing I am going to try is installing a new HDD. It's a bit of a lengthy process, but I am more than curious if there is anything I can do to fix this. Maybe installing the HDD will allow itself to boot... Anyone have any ideas?
    'Say what again, say WHAT again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say WHAT one more GODDAMN time!'- Samuel Got-Dang Jackson

I would expect it is looking for a complete system i.e. With a drive. If it doesn't have one then it will throw up an error code and you will no longer be able to proceed...

btw...what happened to the drive?!
    RULES: ixtreme.net
    TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe
    FOR SALE: Xbox 360 Consoles, parts and services UK

In case of spelling error, blame teh iPad

Comment

Yeah that's what I think aswell. Although I was able to update to the NXOE dash already.

I happened... haha I wanted to do a console mod to it. And I did successfully with LEDs installed and everything. I didn't put it back together the way I should have. Everything still worked great. I ended up trading it with one of my buddies for a shotgun. The disc drive eventually dislodged itself from where it was suppose to seat. To get a disc in or out my buddy had to resort to other measures. His solution was using a metal knife to get it back into place until I could get around to fixing it. Well one day he stuck his knife in there and it ended up frying the drive. I recently bought a new console and ended up trading (he gave me fair amount of cash in exchange) with him my old one back. I don't do a lot of gaming on Xbox so I was OK going all digital. Everything was great. My friend was happy again which matters most. Then just last night it decided to give the error code after the update.

UPDATE: Good news! Hooked up my disc drive that I thought had went to shit and did the offline update again... presto! Have to re-download my games again. Gives me hope I will be able to replace my disc drive aswell. The PCB must still be good for the Xbox to detect it.
      Last edited by Dilldoser; 11-24-2015, 10:14 PM.
      'Say what again, say WHAT again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say WHAT one more GODDAMN time!'- Samuel Got-Dang Jackson

Comment

Sounds like you got lucky. The drive mechanism is more then likely all kinds of messed up though!
        RULES: ixtreme.net
        TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe
        FOR SALE: Xbox 360 Consoles, parts and services UK

In case of spelling error, blame teh iPad

Comment

Working...
        X