Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you run an xbox one with out a disc tray online?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you run an xbox one with out a disc tray online?

hi every one, couldn't get into my old account, not been on this site for a while so had to make a new account for my question.

As the question states can you run an xbox one online with no disc tray (or any thing else for that matter)

i know xbox 360's will most likey ban you, but there was once a time that you could run a 360 with no disc tray online and it was fine untill ms stepped it up, (ix1.3 to 1.6 dayz)

so has any one tried this yet?

bargin bone for me if it can but cant find anything on it.

Never tried it but then again why would you? I would have thought MS as the same policies for the xbone as they did for the 360.

PS making a second account is a bannable offence here
    Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

Originally posted by og smurf View Post
      hi every one, couldn't get into my old account, not been on this site for a while so had to make a new account for my question.

As the question states can you run an xbox one online with no disc tray (or any thing else for that matter)

i know xbox 360's will most likey ban you, but there was once a time that you could run a 360 with no disc tray online and it was fine untill ms stepped it up, (ix1.3 to 1.6 dayz)

so has any one tried this yet?

bargin bone for me if it can but cant find anything on it.
      If it hasn't been removed/opened - send it to M$ for repair - will probably be still under warranty
      RULES: ixtreme.net
      TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe
      FOR SALE: Xbox 360 Consoles, parts and services UK

In case of spelling error, blame teh iPad

Comment

If the bluray is missing then i'd wager it's to late for M$ to fix it..

Suck it and see fella!! Do any lights start flashing or any error messages pop up on dash? If not then try it. If you do see any unusual happenings then get the bluray fixed or replaced if you can..
        http://www.ixtreme.net/downloads-tut...tml#post209529 Using a 360 for flashing

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61768 Pot Tweaking

http://www.ixtreme.net/uk-flashing-s...hire-area.html 360 Custom Firmware flashing from 10

Comment

I see this is an old thread but I have some info on this topic. You do not need your blue-ray drive installed in order to go online however when you update you do need a drive connected otherwise M$ detects that you have faulty hardware and instructs you to send it in for repair. I bought a One on Ebay for a friend with a faulty Blue-ray drive, a replacement drive, did a board swap and I did some testing to see the results. Interesting enough you do not need the original pcb installed when you do update but if you want to be able to play games you do need the original board since trusty M$ didn't change much with matching keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacb01 View Post
            I see this is an old thread but I have some info on this topic. You do not need your blue-ray drive installed in order to go online however when you update you do need a drive connected otherwise M$ detects that you have faulty hardware and instructs you to send it in for repair. I bought a One on Ebay for a friend with a faulty Blue-ray drive, a replacement drive, did a board swap and I did some testing to see the results. Interesting enough you do not need the original pcb installed when you do update but if you want to be able to play games you do need the original board since trusty M$ didn't change much with matching keys.
            Thanks for the input. Hopefully this helps others
            RULES: ixtreme.net
            TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe
            FOR SALE: Xbox 360 Consoles, parts and services UK

In case of spelling error, blame teh iPad

Comment

Working...
            X