Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No signal on PS4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No signal on PS4

    Hi guys!

    My 12-year old brother just got his new PS4 after getting it from America.

    To make it short, it's not working. It powers on, but there are no signals. I have tried a unlimited amount of different cables and monitors (well, three monitors), but i can say almost for sure it's the console. I have seen this issue online, but it looks like most people are returning it.

    So the problem is, he can't. As it was ordered from USA, his receipt means nothing, there are no kind of warranty what so ever.

    So as he is seriously close to crying me a river (literally), i want to get this working.

    If anyone has any ideas, please answer. Opening the console is not a issue, as it's out of warranty. was looking forward playing some Killzone myself
    No Koetjuh, i will not press the thanks button

    2000 posts

  • #2
    it can`t be fixed so you may as well bin it and get an xboxone
    no but seriously don`t do anything other than send it back
    sigpic

    CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

    the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
    looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments






    Comment


    • #3
      it can`t be fixed so you may as well bin it and get an xboxone
      no but seriously don`t do anything other than send it back
      how did he pay for it?, paypal and credit cards offer money back
      would hate to see someone get screwed with a faulty one on the first batch
      email the seller do what ever you can to get them to make an exchange or refund
      sigpic

      CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

      the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
      looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments






      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JAYCE View Post
        it can`t be fixed so you may as well bin it and get an xboxone
        no but seriously don`t do anything other than send it back
        how did he pay for it?, paypal and credit cards offer money back
        would hate to see someone get screwed with a faulty one on the first batch
        email the seller do what ever you can to get them to make an exchange or refund
        Already thought about that. He got a friend of him to get him one from Walmart, so there are no seller to send a message too. You sure there's nothing t do? Heard about similar problems on the 360 and ps3.

        edit: 4000 posts buddy
        No Koetjuh, i will not press the thanks button

        2000 posts

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fatfro View Post
          Already thought about that. He got a friend of him to get him one from Walmart, so there are no seller to send a message too. You sure there's nothing t do? Heard about similar problems on the 360 and ps3.

          edit: 4000 posts buddy
          Could be a power difference from USA to where you live maybe too much/too little Volts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Falconz View Post
            Could be a power difference from USA to where you live maybe too much/too little Volts.
            As i said, powers up fine, its just i get no signal with hdmi. Would power affect hdmi?
            No Koetjuh, i will not press the thanks button

            2000 posts

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fatfro View Post
              As i said, powers up fine, its just i get no signal with hdmi. Would power affect hdmi?
              Yes it may power on but it might not have enough to power everything think of a hair dryer at half volts it wont run at full heat or speed check your country voltage and check USA so we can rule that out first.

              http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm Got this for you.

              Chances are you blew the System inside if you are from Norway :/
              Last edited by Falconz; 11-17-2013, 08:02 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                its prob the small piece of easily movable metal that was left bent in thewrong way on assembly line lol, ill try to find the links about the horrid issues with the ps4 launch (PS4 HDMI Port Display Issue & How To Fix It - NowGamer). heres a few other issue (http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-list-of-er...-screen-issues)
                Originally posted by charincol
                it usually works just fine right up until the exact moment it breaks.
                Originally posted by Methtical
                Tough to unlock an MXIC chip? About as tough as taking a dump after half a litre of turbolax 5000.


                if it aint broke, fix it

                drive flashing, key retrievals and rgh/jtag services

                Comment


                • #9
                  i really hope that bent port pin is the cause of your problem
                  should be easy to fix,
                  nice find from David,
                  but shame on Sony`s manufacturer for letting this happen in the first place
                  makes you wonder what else they forget to do properly
                  Last edited by JAYCE; 11-17-2013, 08:48 AM.
                  sigpic

                  CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

                  the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
                  looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments






                  Comment


                  • #10
                    PS4 'Blue Light of Death' Has No Clear Fix Yet

                    Is this what you get?
                    sigpic
                    JungleFlasher Tutorial A to Z
                    Newest FW package with stock
                    Rules for the ignorant

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      so far sony hasnt had much luck lol
                      Originally posted by charincol
                      it usually works just fine right up until the exact moment it breaks.
                      Originally posted by Methtical
                      Tough to unlock an MXIC chip? About as tough as taking a dump after half a litre of turbolax 5000.


                      if it aint broke, fix it

                      drive flashing, key retrievals and rgh/jtag services

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hey at least the`ve changed the colour of error lights
                        sigpic

                        CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

                        the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
                        looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments






                        Comment


                        • #13
                          can he return it to the friend and have the friend return it to walmart? Wal-mart is usually very good about returns, no questions asked...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rick Goerge View Post
                            can he return it to the friend and have the friend return it to walmart? Wal-mart is usually very good about returns, no questions asked...
                            i wouldnt risk that

                            this is the first fix implemented by kotaku http://kotaku.com/good-news-about-ou...ps4-1464813671

                            same one mentioned above in the nowgamer article
                            Last edited by BigBoss; 11-17-2013, 11:24 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by David Watters View Post
                              its prob the small piece of easily movable metal that was left bent in thewrong way on assembly line lol, ill try to find the links about the horrid issues with the ps4 launch (PS4 HDMI Port Display Issue & How To Fix It - NowGamer). heres a few other issue (http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-list-of-er...-screen-issues)
                              1000% proper thanks to you sir! Looks like that sorted it, playing some Killzone as we speak Easy fix, might have been easier if i wasnt such nervous, but it worked! Didnt even have to open it

                              Originally posted by Kindred View Post
                              Nope, it powered on 100% like it was supposed to.

                              Originally posted by Rick Goerge View Post
                              can he return it to the friend and have the friend return it to walmart? Wal-mart is usually very good about returns, no questions asked...
                              Not a option, as Walmart is across the Atlantics As above, sorted now
                              Last edited by fatfro; 11-17-2013, 12:39 PM.
                              No Koetjuh, i will not press the thanks button

                              2000 posts

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X