playing backups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing backups

hey i was just wondering i own my games and have them saved to my hard drive and i want to play them without the disc or be able to copy the backup to a disc and play it from there if my original gets scratched how can i do this?

What do you mean? Like, you want to know how to create image files from your discs?
    As far as I know, you will have to have the disc in order to start a game, even if it is installed on the hard drive. It almost sounds like you're asking how to create image files from a hard drive installation as well? That doesn't sound possible. After all, aren't hard drive installations "encrypted" or something? The hard drive installation will only work on the XBOX 360 where it was first installed.
    To actually back up a disc requires a special sort of disc drive that can read XBOX 360 discs on your computer.

Comment

ummm well okay i have a friend who has a game that i want aswell how can i copy the game from him and play it? do i need a special drive to copy them or do games have to be downloaded and then burned to disc?
      ?

Comment

Technically you can only make backups of games you own!

In order to rip your own games you need a spare xbox drive (BenQ) a means of powering the drive and have it connect to your SATA. A program called Xbox Back Up Creator will do the magic. Once its is ripped you need to check it (and patch it) using abgx360.net then burn using ImgBurn. Have a look in the tutorials section for specifics

The back up/original needs to be in your drive in order to play the game
        RULES: ixtreme.net
        TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe
        FOR SALE: Xbox 360 Consoles, parts and services UK

In case of spelling error, blame teh iPad

Comment

Originally posted by R3D View Post
          Technically you can only make backups of games you own!

In order to rip your own games you need a spare xbox drive (BenQ) a means of powering the drive and have it connect to your SATA. A program called Xbox Back Up Creator will do the magic. Once its is ripped you need to check it (and patch it) using abgx360.net then burn using ImgBurn. Have a look in the tutorials section for specifics

The back up/original needs to be in your drive in order to play the game
          okay so if i buy a benq drive from ebay for example and i connect it to my computer i can rip the games? how can i power the drive? just through the computer?

Comment

Originally posted by tyran28 View Post
            okay so if i buy a benq drive from ebay for example and i connect it to my computer i can rip the games? how can i power the drive? just through the computer?
            Yes, you just need to flash the drive with 0800 firmware - similar to LT+ but for ripping - flash it the same way but no key needed

You will need to power the drive in one of the following ways: 1)CK lite/pro 2)a dead xbox
            TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe

Comment

okay i also heard something about kreon drives being able to do the ripping? is this like the benq way? thanks heaps mate i think i know what to do now. also this is probhably against the forum rules if so dont answer but do you know where i can get cheap krean drives from?

Comment

Originally posted by tyran28 View Post
                okay i also heard something about kreon drives being able to do the ripping? is this like the benq way? thanks heaps mate i think i know what to do now. also this is probhably against the forum rules if so dont answer but do you know where i can get cheap krean drives from?
                You could get a Kreon drive which is a Samsung drive with special firmware but this isnt as safe as an actual Xbox drive doing the ripping...will produce ssv1 as opposed to ssv2. Also newer games released this year will be xgd3 which the Kreon drive will not be able to read and so wont be able to rip those whereas an Xbox drive will.

Go with a BenQ and 0800 - a newer fw is being released shortly but the old one will see you good until then. I got one from ebay for £13 delivered!

If you get stuck pm me. Just noticed there is no 0800 guide in the tuts section - ill add it to my list of stuff to do but wont be this week!

Comment

Ohhhhh a to do list I like! I'm.very excited to see new stuff
                  Rules To Follow
                  C4eva Speaks
                  Jungle Flasher
                  Abgx Tutorial
                  via card
                  AP 2.5 GAMES

If i Helped you thank me damn it!

Comment

Originally posted by Krizno View Post
                    Ohhhhh a to do list I like! I'm.very excited to see new stuff
                    Trust me its not that exciting the things I have to do! Reports and stuff...But a 0800 ripping guide wont be too bad I guess.

Windows XP FTW!

Comment

Yeah,0800 guide would help alot even though sometimes it seems no one reads them lol
                      Rules To Follow
                      C4eva Speaks
                      Jungle Flasher
                      Abgx Tutorial
                      via card
                      AP 2.5 GAMES

If i Helped you thank me damn it!

Comment

Originally posted by R3D View Post
                        You could get a Kreon drive which is a Samsung drive with special firmware but this isnt as safe as an actual Xbox drive doing the ripping...will produce ssv1 as opposed to ssv2. Also newer games released this year will be xgd3 which the Kreon drive will not be able to read and so wont be able to rip those whereas an Xbox drive will.

Go with a BenQ and 0800 - a newer fw is being released shortly but the old one will see you good until then. I got one from ebay for £13 delivered!

If you get stuck pm me. Just noticed there is no 0800 guide in the tuts section - ill add it to my list of stuff to do but wont be this week!
                        Here's a 0800 video tutorial: http://www.ixtreme.net/360-backups/1...0-dumping.html. Once the new 0800 firmware and XBC come out, you'll be able to make a tutorial for that.
                        Rules to Follow
                        JungleFlasher
                        JF Tutorial
                        ABGX Tutorial
                        Flashing in US
                        JAWS's For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                        X