Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update 16537 -> 17150 on Phat LiteOn with lt+3.0 safe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 16537 -> 17150 on Phat LiteOn with lt+3.0 safe?

Hi guys,

first i want to apologize for my english as i am not a native speaker.

I want to do a dashboard update from 16537 to 17150 on my XBOX360 Elite with a LiteOn 9....c (dont rember the characters between the 9 and the c) with lt+3.0 flashed to it.

Is it safe to do so without going back to stock? Or will i loose my cfw and satan comes to earth to kill my cows? I want to pla Fifa15 Ultimate Team as i recently bought it very cheap on a local second hand dealer's shop. To use the online Features i am asked to update my dashboard.

If it is safe, how do i update my dashboard? Use USB while it is connected via hdmi to my tv or any other way?

I have no knowledge of flashing the drive by myself or anything like that.

Thanks in Advance for your help!

Its always recommended to revert back to stock firmware before performing any update... but lots of people update without going back to stock firmware with no problems so your safe to update without loosing LT+3.0
    Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

Thanks mate.

Could you tell me why this is recommended (or give me a hyperlink where i can read by myself) and could you tell me which is the best way to perform the update (e.g. DVD, USB or Online)?

Thanks again

Comment

usb m8 is always the safest way i always keep a spare rom in stock mode - wisest descision if youv no kitt to reflash etc , ( originals only ) then decline the update , unplug wifi dongle , then update via usb as the link is on your xbl page and then just wait for the file to extract a reboot the xbox then i make sure all reboots fine then just re-add my Lt3.0 rom and then carry on gaming but as slick said youl be fine just updating any probs these lads are the 1s to help m8as a new dash has jsut gone to Beta aswell including in update will be : 2.0.17345.0
        April 20, 2015; 1 day ago [Beta] System Software/Xbox Live Changes
        Network trouble shooter reliability and accuracy is improved
        You will be able see/view drives with music without removing and re-plugging in the drive
        Password reset reliability is improved
        Bing logo is now corrected in some countries where it was incorrect before

il wait till it goes Public to grab to usb or jsut add my stock rom and cope with originals if they start messing with it again as 2tb ov storage means 360s some life left might send us a xbone 1 graphs lol
        Last edited by markglover; 04-21-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markglover View Post
          [..] but as slick said youl be fine just updating any probs these lads are the 1s to help m8as a new dash has jsut gone to Beta aswell including in update will be : 2.0.17345.0
          I am sorry but i dont get what you are trying to say me with that. I got the point that there is a new beta upcomming but the other parts of this sentence i don't understand

But thanks for your answer, this helps me pretty much.

I dont have a stock rom of my drive. My personal "flasher" keeps this for me but he lives 100 miles away from me and i dont want to drive to him every time MS releases a new Dashboard update. The other Problem is, i don't know how to flash my drive and i don't own any additional hardware like Jungle Flasher or such things.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by CMan2001 View Post
            I am sorry but i dont get what you are trying to say me with that. I got the point that there is a new beta upcomming but the other parts of this sentence i don't understand

But thanks for your answer, this helps me pretty much.

I dont have a stock rom of my drive. My personal "flasher" keeps this for me but he lives 100 miles away from me and i dont want to drive to him every time MS releases a new Dashboard update. The other Problem is, i don't know how to flash my drive and i don't own any additional hardware like Jungle Flasher or such things.

Regards
            sorry for the english lol the lads have come custom to it lol as im sure , if youv no kitt etc then youl be fine if you can update via usb or if you need your rom sorting there gatsby hes a good lad or a few others that have postage service m8 cheap theyl sort your rom and your xboxes key etc @gatsbys the lad postage wise or its up to you m8 i always revert back to original ( stock) only mode and update via usb like slick said but each to there own m8 if no kitt or any1 local that can help then this is when you need the lads help im glad i kept my keys a a spare rom in original mode then youv only to swap the roms over a plug in etc ,,, only when you need a rom replacement do you need the kitts depending on rom in the xbx as me a phatts are good me a slimms dont even look at each other lol
            Last edited by markglover; 04-21-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Update 16537 -> 17150 on Phat LiteOn with lt+3.0 safe?

Cmann - I don't do postal flashing if you require this doing contact Alexhore, but I would follow slick's advice - this does not need retiring back to stock as the most recent updates had no effect on DVD drives at all.

I always update via USB - but that's just MY preference, update it any way you like.

Also as you are not a native English speaker, I assume you live abroad and would therefore cost u a fortune to post to me or anyone else (such as Alexhore who supplies this service ) in UK.

May I also say although not a native speaker you have got your point across very well.

Good luck

In regards to best practice of reverting back to stock, this is due to ms sometimes (and it has not happened very often) flashing the drives when performing an update. But the update you require will not do this!!

If you want to read more search for c4eva on the internet and read his blogs/postings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by gatsby76; 04-21-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X