How to update banned console?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to update banned console?

I inherited a fat xbox that seems like it was flashed and banned recently. It is on dash 2.0.13604.0, and I have tried to update via FAT32 formatted usb stick. When I plug in the update usb, it extracts it, but as soon as the extraction is complete, it gives me: Update Failed Can't process the update. If problem persists.... Status Code 3524 - 4099 - 1600 - 2446 - C810 - 1004 It plays xgd2 backups fine. xgd3 games I have tried to put in it always require an update. It had 3.0 firmware on it when I read the drive. I tried flashing to stock benq 04421C firmware and updating. Still same thing.

Flash back to stock THEN update then flash back to newest FW
    sigpic
    JungleFlasher Tutorial A to Z
    Newest FW package with stock
    Rules for the ignorant

Comment

Yes, I did try that already. I flashed to stock benq 04421C, and then when I put it back in console and tried to update the system, same error. I also tried to flash it as a lite-on in case it was originally a lite-on drive, and it didn't work either. But I will try again tonight.

Comment

hex code shows it`s looking for 13604, so install 13604 dash update first
        also if the console is banned you may want to consider RGH before you update past 14699
        sigpic

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
        looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments

Comment

First set of numbers is the current dashboard, second set is the dashboard its trying to update to. Have you tried removing and reconnecting the HDD?

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G
          sigpic

New to iXtreme.net? Click on the ACHIEVEMENT

JungleFlasher / Tutorial
          Burner Max Payoad Tool / XGD3 Burning Tutorial
          iXtreme LTPlus Firmware
          ABGX360 /Tutorial

Comment

If it's got HDMI then you should SERIOUSLY CONSIDER RGH'ing it. It can't go online anymore so there's no reason not to. It's more than worth it.
            I'm only smart cause I did it every wrong way already.

Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Guide

Why not to spoof drives

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Comment

Jayce, I am currently on 2.0.13604.0 though. RhoTrux64: I never had a hdd plugged in the system since I got it I believe. And about the rgh, I may attempt it if all else fails, but I'd really just like to have it updated to play new games
              Last edited by axisdoublebass; 11-24-2013, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Just Download the Latest Update from m$ website & put it onto a CD/USB, plug it into your system or disc drive, turn on and it will update for you to play the latest games.....if that's all you want, easy as cause you can always RGH it later.

UPDATE: Have you got your DVD key from the drive or is it all 777777777777777777777 & try using pre firmware files(62430C, 64930C)
                Last edited by Enthused87; 11-24-2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by axisdoublebass View Post
                  Jayce, I am currently on 2.0.13604.0 though. RhoTrux64: I never had a hdd plugged in the system since I got it I believe. And about the rgh, I may attempt it if all else fails, but I'd really just like to have it updated to play new games
                  The first two codes indicate it was on 13604 and you tried to update to 16537. So only 16537 will finish updating it. However, if you complete the update you won't be able to use RGH1 which is cheaper and better boot-time-wise than RGH2 or R-JTAG.

It's banned, therefore it's a perfect candidate for RGH and you can play the latest games. Plus there are multiplayer alternatives on games with system link. That's not possible on a retail banned console.
                  I'm only smart cause I did it every wrong way already.

Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Guide

Why not to spoof drives

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Comment

That is the dash I attempted to update to in the beginning. I tried it again anyway, still same error code. So get this: whenever I turn on the xbox, the middle green light flashes and the dvd tray opens EVERY time I turn on my xbox. Wondering if this has anything to do with why its not updating. And when I switched to a lite-on drive(as stated in initial post) it would do the same thing. At this point I am guessing there is damage to the motherboard.

Comment

are you saying you swapped the drive?,
                      if the liteon isn`t the original drive, then that could be why
                      it`s not letting you complete the update
                      sigpic

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
                      looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments

Comment

If the Middle Xbox light is flashing, usually that means your drive is still in vendor mode....

Comment

I didn't mean to confuse. It currently has the benq drive in it and that's how I got it. The reason I tried to put a liteon in before was bc I wanted to see if the tray would still open on starting console, which it did, and see if it would update with a different type of drive. No, it can't be in vendor mode, it plays games still, just wont update.

Comment

Originally posted by Enthused87 View Post
                            If the Middle Xbox light is flashing, usually that means your drive is still in vendor mode....
                            Uh...... what?

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.

Comment

The flashing light will more than likely be to do with the drive thinking the drive is open when it isn't - remove the drive tray and check the two copper contacts either side and make sure they are not being blocked by dust or that they are not bent.

Or failing that the drive isn't connected properly!
                              RULES: ixtreme.net
                              TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe
                              FOR SALE: Xbox 360 Consoles, parts and services UK

In case of spelling error, blame teh iPad

Comment

Working...
                              X