"Play DVD" error on LiteOn 0225 after upgrading to LT+3.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Play DVD" error on LiteOn 0225 after upgrading to LT+3.0

The oddest thing has happenned to me since the latest update. A few weeks ago I kamikazed a 0225 slim, but before doing it, I upgraded to 14699 (current dashboard at the moment) while it was stock. After flashing 3.0 I got the dreaded "Play DVD" error. I thought I could have ruined the IC, unlikely, but possible nonetheless.

so:

I kamikazed a spare PCB and flashed 3.0 – same error.
    I flashed a Xecuter replacement PCB and placed it in the console – same error.
    Got the original PCB and flashed/placed it on another console – worked fine.
    Flashed the original PCB back to stock – worked fine.
    Flashed the original PCB back to 3.0 – failed with "Play DVD" error

Now, it gets better:

Flashed to 2.0 – worked fine.

Today I got another 0225 with 1.91 which has been working fine for the past 5~6 months but the owner upgraded it himself to 14719 dashboard while on Live, so I upgraded the cfw to 3.0 – got "play DVD" error.
    Flashed back to stock – worked fine.
    Flashed to 2.0 – worked fine.

It seems to be something wrong with LT+3.0 for 0225, something that causes the error with certain consoles with an 0225/LT+3.0/14699(and above) combination.

Anyone else that may have experienced something similar?

Are you using the correct firmware "LTPlus-0225-v3.0" or "LTPlus-0225-v3.0u"? or is it possible your getting the dvdkeys mixed up?
    Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Stridz0r View Post
      It seems to be something wrong with LT+3.0 for 0225, something that causes the error with certain consoles with an 0225/LT+3.0/14699(and above) combination.
      I don't think something is wrong with LT, but probably you are mixing things up like slick said.
      Could you post your JF.log (when flashing LT+3.0)?
      sigpic

Comment

no there is 2 firmwares try another

Comment

The first time I tried both: "LTPlus-0225-v3.0" first, and then "LTPlus-0225-v3.0u" just to be sure, same result.

I'm pretty sure I didn't mix the keys because I triple-checked after the first fail, flashed back to stock, back to 3.0, then stock again, then 2.0m and so on - I did this several times just to make sure everything was ok.

The second time (another console) I was as thorough as ever, same result. I did failed, however, to save the log file - my bad.

The clients currently have 2.0 waiting for a possible solution. I will call them back to re-send the consoles when a working solution is available - I can retry with current fw and save log ofw, etc.

I have flashed other LiteOn 0272, 0225, 0251, 0401, 1071 (quite a few) and some BENQ, some where stock, some where flashed , some where flashed back to stock before applying update, and some other where updated with custom fw - they're all working just fine - allthough some do seem to randomly have this "play dvd" error when switching games, but it dissapears once you turn off/on the console.

The first console was 0225/14699/stock when flashed to 3.0
          The second console was 0225/14799/LT+1.91 when flashed to 3.0

Comment

The random "play DVD" error seems to only appear in slims with 0225 fw. Turn off, then on with disc in drive, works fine again; except on those two I mentioned before.

No problems whatsoever with 0272, 0251, 0401, 1071 FW...

I suspecting there's a small bug on the 0225 CFW that appears randomly on certain consoles.

Comment

you are right.I have a xbox 360 slim flashed to lt 3.0.Sometimes my xbox instead of saying "Play Game" it says "Play Dvd".But when i reboot it everything is ok.I don't know what drive i have but maybe is one of the drives that you mantioned before that causes this error with xbox 360 slim. should i do anything to it,or leave the way it is ????Will this destroy my laser or dvd drive???? i think that this error doesnt mean that my laser is dying,does it?????
              Last edited by Redis16; 09-14-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

^^ Please don't thread jack. Start your own thread and your questions will be answered there.
                ALWAYS FLASH TO STOCK BEFORE ACCEPTING DASHBOARD UPDATES!!

I will not give you "workaround" solutions. Do it right, or don't do it at all!

Before asking questions... please take time to check out the following:
                iXtreme Search Page or Google

What is kprobe you ask? Download it here

New to iXtreme? Start here!

Comment

Try re downloading the firmware pack
                  Sheffield Flashing And Repairs

Comment

Working...
                  X