"Play Game" problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Play Game" problem

Hey, I've swapped drives in a console (both are liteons) and I've flashed it with stock firmware. When I place an original game (Driver SF) in the tray, the dash says "Play Game", but doesn't display a picture or the title of the game. After selecting "Play Game" the screen goes black for about 5-10 seconds then goes back to the dash. Any ideas?

Is the disc scratched? Does it do it to both drive's are just one.

Comment

What dashboard are you on? did you spoof the correct keys?
      Give "Thanks" When "Thanks" is Deserved
      The Latest JungleFlasher Download
      If you need your drive flashed for a low price or have any questions, PM me!

Comment

The reason I swapped the drives is because I believe the original drive is burnt out. I shall try another disc now.

Comment

iv had this problem I think it was the disk as some do it sometimes and some don't

I think its caused by a high PIf
          Im-happy-flash-somerset-area-UK - Flash all phat xbox drives - £13.50

My XBOX 360 Setup
          Model: Xbox 360 Premium (2006), Unknown (2009)
          DVD: Hitachi 47, Benq, Liteon (Phat)
          Motherboard: Xenon, Jasper(RGH'ed)
          SATA Chipset: VIA 6421, AMD onboard

My Website: www.davesoftware.webs.com

Comment

Latest dash and I'm 99% sure i got the key right. It says "Play DVD" instead of "Play Game" with a different disc.

Comment

When it say's PLAY DVD that means you have the wrong key.

Comment

Originally posted by clo239 View Post
                When it say's PLAY DVD that means you have the wrong key.
                Clo's Right. When I First Got Into Flashing. I Flash The Original Bin And iXtreme Firmware. Did Not Know You Needed The Dummy.bin. Gave Me The Same Error.

Comment

Some discs same "Play Game" some say "Play DVD"

Comment

Play Game Is What You Want. Play DVD Is Not What You Want. Did You Get A Dummy.Bin When You First Flash Your 360? Also what layer break are you using? What Burn Speed Do You Use?

Comment

Try booting up the game that says "Play game" If that works then you know you got right key. The ones that say play game but no picture will be a bad disc. Reburn that iso and will be fine.

As i said, try any back up you have and see if you can boot the game, if you can then you know it aint the wrong key and i would re-flash your drive

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostdog View Post
                        Try booting up the game that says "Play game" If that works then you know you got right key. The ones that say play game but no picture will be a bad disc. Reburn that iso and will be fine.

As i said, try any back up you have and see if you can boot the game, if you can then you know it aint the wrong key and i would re-flash your drive
                        If you get the layer break wrong It does give you that "Play DVD" Error. I have burn A 4X Disc At 8X And Wrong Laybreak, Wondered Why It Did Not Work.

Comment

JRC it said play game but actually didnt play the game... I've spoofed a benq as a liteon and works lovely now!! thanks!!

Comment

People appear to be confused about what I typed.

With an original disc of Driver, the part where you launch games said "Play Game" however it never actually said the game was Driver: SF as it should do. Once I selected "Play Game" the screen would turn black for about 5-10 seconds then return to the dash, with no error, no "unable to read disc" nothing. On some original discs, it said "Play Game" and on other original discs it said "Play DVD". After spoofing the same key to a benq the problem has resolved.

Thank you all for the help

Comment

Originally posted by jrccomputer View Post
                              Play Game Is What You Want. Play DVD Is Not What You Want. Did You Get A Dummy.Bin When You First Flash Your 360? Also what layer break are you using? What Burn Speed Do You Use?
                              He's playing retail discs. If you're getting some that say play game, try cleaning the laser and check the pot on it for resistance. If you have room, tweak it a little. It's always a good idea to remove the ribbon cable from the lens when flashing Lite-ons. Sometimes it kills them.
                              sigpic

New to iXtreme.net? Click on the ACHIEVEMENT

JungleFlasher / Tutorial
                              Burner Max Payoad Tool / XGD3 Burning Tutorial
                              iXtreme LTPlus Firmware
                              ABGX360 /Tutorial

Comment

Working...
                              X