00000 dvd key and benq drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00000 dvd key and benq drive

ok i flashed my benq drive about a year ago and have been playing backups fine with no problem
    i dont know what version of LT that i used, because the hard drive with the backed up bin file died and i replaced it without getting the keys.

i recently tried to play a backed up copy of gunstringer and let it apply the update at which point halfway through it got stuck and said it couldnt read the disc.

i then downloaded this update 2.0.131406 on a usb and installed it. the xbox worked fine but backups no longer played.

i used the tutorial to read the drive, i tried benq unlock which did read the drive but it says the dvd key is 0000000000 etc.
    i then tried using the tutuorial to read a bad benq drive with the probe and again was able to get it to read the drive but it again gave the 0000000 dvd key
    i used the tutorial by moda to read the drive key off the bin i had saved with the 00000 dvd key (http://rapidshare.com/files/56360156..._v1.0.pdf.html)
    and by his method found that the drive key was at e030

i am just not sure what i should do next. i never went past the step of reading the drive key (ie installing the new firmware)

i am using a sata cable off my computer motherboard which has the intel p35/g33/g31 chipset.

if you could point out some step by step directions so i dont screw this up, i would be much appreciative

please help

thanks

It sounds like you flashed without spoofing the key over and that's pretty much it. Load JF and try finding your key in the database, it's on the first JF page
    sigpic
    JungleFlasher Tutorial A to Z
    Newest FW package with stock
    Rules for the ignorant

Comment

sorry for my ignorance, i am not sure what you mean search the database on the first screen of jungle flasher.

Comment

I'm not sure how else to say it so ... open JF and look for "open keyDB" button
        sigpic
        JungleFlasher Tutorial A to Z
        Newest FW package with stock
        Rules for the ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
          sorry for my ignorance, i am not sure what you mean search the database on the first screen of jungle flasher.
          Click Open KeyDB: Click image for larger version

Name:	KeyDB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	434553
          Rules to Follow
          JungleFlasher
          JF Tutorial
          ABGX Tutorial
          Flashing in US
          JAWS's For Sale Thread

Comment

it just has 0000000000 as the dvd key in the log.

do you not trust the key that i got from the bin file by the above method?

what if i manually enter that dvd key into the boxes?

Comment

hmm, from what you have told us, it seems to me that you lost your dvd key on a hardrive that failed and then updated your xbox before extracting the key again. so since you updated it has flashed you back to stock firmware and now you wont be able to change the firmware because your key is gone.

bottom line is you need your key and if you dont have it saved anywhere then you are kind of out of luck unless you plan to jtag and get your get that way.

Comment

Working...
              X