"System Update Stopped" error on startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "System Update Stopped" error on startup

Hey guys, first time posting but I'll try give as much info as I can here.

360 got banned all the way back in the 2009 ban wave and didn't get much use after. Been sitting in a box for at least 4 years now. I did take it down at one stage in 2011 and everything was working then.

So a couple months ago I said I'd try use it again since the replacement arcade I got is really starting to annoy me now (has some weird graphics related noise) and I rarely play online anymore.

So here's the problem: Hook it up to the TV , power it on and no Xbox 360 splash screen just a white box with a message along the lines of:

System Update Stopped

Can't update from the disc. Please reinsert the disc and try again.
    I can post screenshots later.

Did some research, and it seemed like the easy fix was an official update from MS on a formatted USB. Tried this yesterday and no luck. Basically the screen changes to applying update with a progress bar for 5 or 10 seconds and then goes back to the error message. Same thing happens on eject tray, load disc and even inserting memory unit I think. Haven't tried the hard drive yet but doubt it would make a a difference.

Would really appreciate some help here guys. I'm a bit confused as to how this happened since it wasnt used since the last time it worked. Thanks in advance and I'll post all my console info below.

Console type: Phat 360 elite with Infectus 2 modchip

Firmware: IXtreme ORIGINAL 1.61 BenQ
    Drive: BenQ I think

Dash: most likely the one prior to the November 09 ban wave, the one they called the NXE anyway

Other: No DVD drive sata cables or hardware used to flash the drive. I actually bought it premodded from an Austrian website and that's how I have the infectus 2 chip. Heard the chip can do a lot but I never looked into it, only used it once to update the flashed firmware to 1.61 benq once wave 3 games were released in 09.

You tried to update from a backup use the same game but the original and the update will go through fine, you'll then need to update your firmware to the latest which is LT+3.0 for BenQ
    Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

Well heres the thing, I have no idea what the last game I used was. To be honest I don't think I did try to update it but who knows maybe I'm wrong. And I've gotten rid of lots of my original discs and backups since I doubted i would ever use the banned console again. The discs I was trying to fix it with were originals I use on the arcade, black ops was the closest release I had to 2009.

Is there any way I could get it out of the loop? Like a factory reset through the infectus chip maybe? Because if I change the switches on the infectus interface on the back of the console I can boot it into RROD with a different type of error, possibly E66 not sure but can try round 9. Thanks for helping me though Slick, I didn't even know IXtreme was still an active community until yesterday!

Comment

No problem, your error is defo caused by a backup thats tried to update your console, you only have two options...
        1- Figure which game caused the error and use the original of that game.
        2- Give us the status code number and that should tell you which update is trying to be applied... you wont be able to get that specific update from xbox.com but if your lucky I might have it sat on my old PC

PS: We'll be here forever
        Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

Comment

Error code is: 22fb-351f-b800-0f00-c000-0013

Googled it and one guy says he was updating from Modern Warfare 3 when it happened to him.

Comment

Sweet you need dash 13599 I'll check my old PC once I'm home from work unless you find it before then
            Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

Comment

Looks like I found it at dash hacks here: Downloads - Summary - SystemUpdate_13599_USB

And somehow that file is still hosted there 3 years on! I assume I just need to follow the same steps, copy to root of FAT32 USB and boot the 360 while its plugged in?

UPDATE: Wow I can't believe it but it worked! It's the update that gave kinect functionality I think. I don't think the original kinect had any onboard memory but there's a chance I even plugged in the kinect originally and that caused the update. Sounds unlikely though. Thanks a million slick, you saved me a lot of frustration and wasted Google searches! I'll let you know if I have any trouble upgrading to LT 3.0
              Last edited by ColourBlindMick; 07-11-2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

No problem congrats buddy
                Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

Comment

So I'm almost ready to start the LT 3.0+ update but I just wanted to check a couple of things.

First I'm going to get a backup of the iXtreme the drive is running now and then update the dash to 17349 via USB so new games will work. I'm following a guide that came with the Infectus programmer software from 2009 to do the backup and that programmer can also write the new firmware to the drive (I'm not sure if it supports the LT version but im assuming it does...).

I've read through it and the process is simple but they use 360 Firmware Toolbox v4.5 instead of Jungleflasher for copying the drive key. Screens of the guide are here. I dont have 360 Firmware Toolbox on my laptop and i do have Jungleflasher 0.1.70 from around the same time i went to IX 1.61. Anyway I guess what im asking is, is there anything im missing before I update? Dont want to end up with a brick just after getting it working
                  Last edited by ColourBlindMick; 07-12-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Just make sure you save the dvdkey and you'll be fine, you can find toolbox here Download 360 Firmware Toolbox v4.6 for Xbox 360 from 360-HQ.Com - Xbox 360 Repairs & Drive Replacements | Xbox 360 Software | Xbox 360 Homebrew | Xbox 360 Emulators | Xbox 360 Firmware | Xester NESCafe 360, Mame360 and more. if not make sure you use a more recent JungleFlasher here http://www.ixtreme.net/ixtreme-lt-li...eta-321-a.html you'll be fine any more problems just ask
                    Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

Comment

Working...
                    X