This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing Benq VAD6038 drive Tutorial

This tutorial will work if you're trying to flash your BenQ with iXtreme 1.6 Firmware.

If you need help on this particular tutorial, please post questions in this thread.

general-support/flashing-benq-vad6038-drive-tutorial-t624.html

So you have the Xbox 360 Benq drive, and you want to flash it with iXtreme 1.51? Good news, this is easy to do. I’m going to be using the CK3 Connectivity Kit in this tutorial. The first thing you’re going to want to do, is open the Xbox 360, to get to your Benq drive. It’s actually easier than you think. The first step, is to watch this video. You’re going to need a TORX 10 screwdriver.

[youtube:1vybmq90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joF4n_HT6X0[/youtube:1vybmq90]

The next step, once you’re done opening your Xbox 360 case, is to completely remove the Benq drive from the console. Once you have that done, you need to hook up the CK3 connectivity kit to your Benq drive. Just take a look at the image below, pretty easy. Also, for flashing this, I’m using the Via 6421, which is an PCI card, and can be found on Ebay pretty cheap.

Now from here, you have a couple of different ways to go about flashing this. Many tutorials out there, use iPrep ( which can be downloaded from 360Mods.net ), however, I never had any luck getting this to work. So I’m going to show you how to use a combination of DosFlash v1.7 to retrive the key, and JungleFlasher to create your Xbox 360 custom firmware.

Once you have your drive connected to your computer, open up DosFlash. You’ll get a polling window, asking to send the vendor info to device on 09F0 ( or whatever yours may be ), just click ok, power off your 360 drive via the ck3 power switch, wait 2 seconds, the power the 360 drive back on. DosFlash only initiates after your have clicked “OK” and the device has been turned off/on again.

You may have to play with this for a little bit to get it to work right. Sometimes the first polling window that comes up is actually for other devices you have in your system. SATA hard drives, DVD drives, etc.

You have to retry with the different device address until you get the hang of what works for you. This is why you disable other drives in your system, to minimize the amount of addresses that DosFlash polling windows ask you to resend the info for.

Once it shows your Benq drive as connected, go ahead and read the firmware. Do this a couple of times, making sure your key is the same every time. Once you’re good, same it as whatever you want, orig.bin for example. Now it’s time to open up JungleFlasher.

Now, this is easy, so don’t screw it up. All you have to do, is hit “Load Source Firmware”, and select the firmware that you save using DosFlash. Then, click on “Open Target Firmware” select the firmware ix15Benq.bin ( if you haven’t downloaded the firmware yet, you can download it from Team Xecuter ).

Now, the next step, once you have loaded your original firmware, and loaded the iXtreme firmware, is to click the button “Spoof Source to Targe”. Once done, click “Save to File”, name is anything you want, I named mine benqmodified.bin. Now, go back to Dosflash 32, erase your firmware off your Xbox 360 drive.

Once that is complete, click the drop down on the top, select “Write Firmware”, load the firmware you saved from Jungleflasher.

Once it’s done, you can verify everything is working, by clicking on the eject button, on the CK3, making sure it ejects.

The next step, is just put your Xbox 360 back together, and to burn a copied Xbox 360 game, to make sure it actually works, since this is the goal of yours.

Here are some links you’ll need to download the firmware and applications for flashing your 360.

iXtreme Firmware 1.51

DosFlash V 1.7

stop triple posting. and edit your post, no piracy on this forum. you do it again, i will make sure you get banned.
    XGD3 Quality Benchmarks (per TX and C4):
    PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
    PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less
    Nero Discspeed score of 90 or better.

Jungle Flasher Latest
    Latest iXtreme 3.0 Phat & Slim
    Burner Max Download
    New Xbox Backup Creator & 0800 Firmware
    x360USB Update

Comment

benq drive powering

can anybody tell me, is there any other solution to give power to the drive (i have no connectivity kit). the jf tutorial says, that i can power it from the xbox powersource, but it will log in the os. any solution is welcome except buying a connectivity kit. thnx in advance...

JAMANA

Comment

No. using the xbox to power the drive will flag you, but if its already been done before, then you might as well keep doing it cause you are already flagged.

You either need a CK3Lite or Pro with a molex power supply, or you can buy a ckblaster which will allow you to install it one time and then you wont have to open up your xbox every time you want to reflash. this option safely uses the xbox to power the drive AND gives you an external sata port to connect ot your computer.

but like i said, if anyone has ever just used the xbox to power the drive on yours, its too late at this point so you might as well just do nothing.

also, before you post things in the future, please do some reading. I literally JUST answered the exact same question... Thanks

Jungle Flasher Latest
        Burner Max Download
        x360USB Update

Comment

Originally posted by pachrist81 View Post
          No. using the xbox to power the drive will flag you, but if its already been done before, then you might as well keep doing it cause you are already flagged.

You either need a CK3Lite or Pro with a molex power supply, or you can buy a ckblaster which will allow you to install it one time and then you wont have to open up your xbox every time you want to reflash. this option safely uses the xbox to power the drive AND gives you an external sata port to connect ot your computer.

but like i said, if anyone has ever just used the xbox to power the drive on yours, its too late at this point so you might as well just do nothing.

also, before you post things in the future, please do some reading. I literally JUST answered the exact same question... Thanks
          I have been flashing Hitatchi's and Benq's with the console to power it....and I have never had a flagging or banning issue...just saying, could be me but this is the first ive heard that a conectivity kit is required..
          thanks
          If anything i have said has helped you out or just made you laugh hit the THANKS button!

Comment

Originally posted by pachrist81 View Post
            stop triple posting. and edit your post, no piracy on this forum. you do it again, i will make sure you get banned.
            And I'm with you on that guy...get him off of here...
            If anything i have said has helped you out or just made you laugh hit the THANKS button!

Comment

twizzted: in regards to you using the xbox to power the drive, if you just do some research, you will quickly find that by doing so you have actually already been flagged on your console's motherboard as having a power cycle with no drive attached. It is also known, and has been stated by many on this forum and elsewhere, that although this flag is not currently being used to determine bans by Micorosoft, the sheer fact that it exists points to the reality that they will some day use it. If not, more power to you, but when you do get banned in the near or distant future, just know that you could have avoided it by using a connectivity kit...

Jungle Flasher Latest
              Burner Max Download
              x360USB Update

Comment

I use an old fried console to power the drive, which is already banned, so I think that is why I have been so lucky..I will never use a console I would plan on playing to power it though.. Thanks for the info pachrist81

Comment

Originally posted by twizzted View Post
                  I use an old fried console to power the drive, which is already banned, so I think that is why I have been so lucky..I will never use a console I would plan on playing to power it though.. Thanks for the info pachrist81

gotta say have been using consoles to power drive from before the last ban wave and none of the many ive done have been banned,,,,,i no it deff logs as no drive attatched,,,but im sure many people have powered xboxs to work on boards ect without rom,,,,i dont see how they could fairly enforce the bans for that reason,,,but you never no,,,,,,,,,,one day............

Comment

That's why I use a dead console to power it.... It can log all the no drive attatched it wants as it is beyond usable and only acts as my power source...so unless it logs on the drive itself, which I dont think it does, hence the CFW. but my friend your right who does know??????

Comment

Hey, I've a xbox360 benq drive. And it as been flagged! Now i'm trying to install the LTPlus-benq-v1.1, but my DVD Key are all zeros... What can I do?

Comment

do you really need the CK3 connectivity kit? i heard you can use another consoles power source thats rrod?

Comment

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, I see others have done so.

The link in the first post for questions has now been archived, so not sure where else to ask.

I have an old fat xbox 360 that has been flashed with ixtreme a couple of years back, maybe 1.4 or similar? It has since been banned from xbox live. It has the BenQ drive.

I haven't dealt with xbox flashing for the last couple of years so very out of the loop, but from what I have read I should be able to do the following (bearing in mind I don't have the original key for the drive, or a power/connectivity kit):

Download the latest ixtreme firmware pack
                          Connect drive to PC, powered from xbox (already banned)
                          Install the stock benq firmware (there is pre and post 13141, I haven't seen anything on how I can identify which one I need?)
                          Install the latest dashboard update downloaded from microsoft via usb key
                          Install the latest modified benq firmware.

Will this all work ok?

Any help much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 5loth View Post
                            Hopefully this is the right place to ask, I see others have done so.

The link in the first post for questions has now been archived, so not sure where else to ask.

I have an old fat xbox 360 that has been flashed with ixtreme a couple of years back, maybe 1.4 or similar? It has since been banned from xbox live. It has the BenQ drive.

I haven't dealt with xbox flashing for the last couple of years so very out of the loop, but from what I have read I should be able to do the following (bearing in mind I don't have the original key for the drive, or a power/connectivity kit):

Download the latest ixtreme firmware pack
                            Connect drive to PC, powered from xbox (already banned)
                            Install the stock benq firmware (there is pre and post 13141, I haven't seen anything on how I can identify which one I need?)
                            Install the latest dashboard update downloaded from microsoft via usb key
                            Install the latest modified benq firmware.

Will this all work ok?

Any help much appreciated.
                            Same Question

Comment

Mulberry bolg question

joined in a moment ago, wanted to say Hi

eh~
                              Hi, everyone

this is a fantastic post
                              enlightening in a way relating to the matter discussed
                              i have some input also verify out XX
                              many thanks for visiting again.

see isn't this amazing or what
                              you guys have any intimate experience?
                              tell me , tell me

fahion bag shop

Comment

Working...
                              X