This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing a LiteOn Drive - For Noobs

Firstly let me say that this tutorial largely based on information already in the Jungleflasher tutorial.
    This started out as a self-check list for myself so I don't screw anything up or forget a step during the delicate flashing process, and decided to do it in a little (or alot) more detail and publish it for the noobs who keep flooding the forum about simple flashing questions... sooo....

I made these tutorials to help all the noobs on the forums, constantly flooding the forum about how to flash their drive and cannot read the Jungleflasher tutorial. It doesn't get much simpler than this!

Please note 3 things:
    1. This tutorial assumes you already have your Dummy.bin file. If you do not have your Dummy.bin, and need to extract it, start by... extracting it, then you can continue here!
    2. If you can't understand what is in the tutorial, you shouldn't even consider flashing your drive yourself, pay and have it done!
    3. If you are going to use it, please show a little appreciation and hit the thanks button.

The 2 tutorials:
    one is flashing to stock,
    the other is flashing from stock or pre-flashed.
    Attached Files
    You Learn Something New Everyday!

If I helped you, say thanks by hitting the thanks button.

Thanks dude, much easier to print this out than to select each jungle flasher tute page as it comes up. Props!

Comment

How do you extract the dummy.bin file?

Comment

Hey Blu, ive been thinking about attempting to flash my lite-on. I've been looking all over trying to find out what physical components you ned to flash a lite-on drive. If you have have links to where I can purchase these parts or could just tell me what to get it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooched View Post
          Hey Blu, ive been thinking about attempting to flash my lite-on. I've been looking all over trying to find out what physical components you ned to flash a lite-on drive. If you have have links to where I can purchase these parts or could just tell me what to get it would be greatly appreciated.
          go to CK3.co.uk or modtraders.co.uk xbox 360 repair rrod xecuter xecutor rrod repair x2.6ce x3ce ck3 connectivity kit blasterck3 360blaster probe ck3xt ck2 xbox modchip jungleflasher xtractor spear c4eva commodore4eva ixtreme samsung ts-h943a hitachi gdr-3120l xenon ze these are the best ....

Comment

(ALSO Everything on here is what u buy)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by westbrom; 08-11-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

.... u will need a ck3 lite or pro u can choose any one of these i proffer the ck3 lite, a Mollex power supply, a x360usb pro, and a Probe 3 ALSO all the leads come with what you buy to connect up everything..

Comment

Originally posted by westbrom View Post
                .... U will need a ck3 lite or pro u can choose any one of these i proffer the ck3 lite, a mollex power supply, a x360usb pro, and a probe 3 also all the leads come with what you buy to connect up everything..
                Edit your post westbrom! Stop making multiple posts after your initial one! Jesus!
                Rules to Follow
                JungleFlasher
                JF Tutorial
                ABGX Tutorial
                Flashing in US
                JAWS's For Sale Thread

Comment

I have a Lite-On 7-series flashed with the previous "LTPlus-025-v1.91.bin" firmware and the saved Dummy.Bin from that process. Now when I try to upgrade to the newest "LTPlus-0225-v1.91.bin" firmware Jungleflasher displays different keys. Am I using the right firmware package? Or did MS change my key when I downloaded the July dashboard update?

Or is this to be expected and I'm just panicking for no reason?

Comment

the key cannot change. that 0225-v1.91.bin is not for your drive, that is for the slim 0225... there is no newer version than LTPlus-025-v1.91.bin which you say you already have... did you really mean LTPlus-025-v1.9.bin? if so, then you want to load your original key in the source (the drive key should be something clearly unique and not something like JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ). then load LTPlus-025-v1.91.bin into the target and hit "Spoof source to target" and proceed with liteon flashing.

hope that clarifies. also in the future, just start your own post. it will ensure the answers are targeted towards your issue and not generic.
                    XGD3 Quality Benchmarks (per TX and C4):
                    PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
                    PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less
                    Nero Discspeed score of 90 or better.

Jungle Flasher Latest
                    Latest iXtreme 3.0 Phat & Slim
                    Burner Max Download
                    New Xbox Backup Creator & 0800 Firmware
                    x360USB Update

Comment

Thanks for all your help West, but I have a few more questions that have probably been answered before but they could help others also:

1: What is the "Probe" for, i dont see it mentioned on that diagram you sent me. Xecuter CK3 Pro (Rev D) + CK3 Probe 3 - ModTraders.co.uk

2: How do I tell what model my lite on is/ is there different equipment needed for different lite-ons?

3. Do i need to do any soldering.

Help is greatly appreciated.

*EDIT* I just found this bundle on the american version of the site you sent me, looks like it has everything you mentioned and more. Would it work?
                      Last edited by Pooched; 08-11-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pachrist81 View Post
                        did you really mean LTPlus-025-v1.9.bin?
                        Thank you!

I did mean v1.9, and as soon as the correct firmware was loaded JF flashed my drive without further complications. And sorry for polluting this thread.

Comment

Pooched:
                          1) Probe is for extracting the drive key off of liteons. Without it, you cannot do anything with a Liteon drive.
                          2) Version is on the drive itself. You need to open up your xbox and it will be obvious. You need the Probe for liteons
                          3) Assuming you have a PHAT liteon, no, no soldering. if its a slim, then yes if you update to latest because your pcb will be locked and you need to solder a sputnik360 onto the board in order to actually flash the drive.
                          XGD3 Quality Benchmarks (per TX and C4):
                          PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
                          PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less
                          Nero Discspeed score of 90 or better.

Jungle Flasher Latest
                          Latest iXtreme 3.0 Phat & Slim
                          Burner Max Download
                          New Xbox Backup Creator & 0800 Firmware
                          x360USB Update

Comment

Originally posted by dude1 View Post
                            How do you extract the dummy.bin file?
                            Each drive version is different, depending on your Brand, Model No. and dashboard version (firmware in the drive), as well as Phat or Slim - Phat is much easier.
                            for more info you your own drive, check the Jungleflasher tutorial, I can't help you much more if you don't know what type of drive you have! You need to provide more info.
                            You Learn Something New Everyday!

If I helped you, say thanks by hitting the thanks button.

Comment

can i use this tutorial to reflash my liteon slim 0225 (that flashed with LT+ 1.9) to LT+ 1.91??
                              thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X