This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell which Slim drive you have

This will be an on going thread, feel free to post replies and I'll incorporate it into here.

According to Rudvich, relying on the sticker color is not full proof. To be sure, open the console and look on top of the drive.

Re: How to tell which Slim drive you have

Confirmed on my system. I had yellow sticker and after opening it up all the way, I confirmed it had 0225 FW.
    Thanks for the helpful post!

Comment

Please verify the colour sticks in the video the yellow sticker is marked as the 9504 firmware but ryse you say you opened up your console and your DVD drive had a yellow stick but was the 0225 firmware ?

Comment

Opened my xBox had yellow sticker, JF confirms drive is LiteOn 0225
        Design can be art. Design can be aesthetics. Design is so simple, that's why it's so complicated.

Comment

not to be THAT guy but, mine has a yellow sticker clear as day, and I cracked open my 360 and it says 9504 on the label, I flashed it last night with the 9504 firmware and it works fine, jungleflasher also recognized it as a 9504 to be clear, yellow sticker and all. So relying on the sticker is not 100%, best way by me is simply to open it and look.

Comment

Is it possible the stiker to be orange but your firm ver to be 0225 ?
            (Some people say that)

Comment

Originally posted by Rudvich
              not to be THAT guy but, mine has a yellow sticker clear as day, and I cracked open my 360 and it says 9504 on the label, I flashed it last night with the 9504 firmware and it works fine, jungleflasher also recognized it as a 9504 to be clear, yellow sticker and all. So relying on the sticker is not 100%, best way by me is simply to open it and look.
              Thanks for the update, going to post this in the first.

Comment

Not sure what video you were watching mclacko...but I see in the video, bright yellow as 0225 and orange as 9504. I confirm again I have bright yellow sticker and have 0225 FW. If others can confirm we can see if this really works. It would be nice to have a visual indicator so we did not have to open it up and find out. I read a post here about a database and personally posted there to help give a clear picture for me and others of what FW people have. If everyone posted their info there we would have a more complete database to obtain info from.
                http://www.360drives.com/list

From what I can tell the 9504 FW ended in July 2010 where they started using the 0225 FW in the beginning of August 2010. So using that info we can use the MFR date as a rough indicator.

If this info has already been posted I am sorry and in no way want to take credit.

Comment

i have the yellow label, but my FW is 9504

Comment

Really? Do you have proof?
                    Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

I opened the top on mine and there's no label... yellow or orange.. how can i tell?

Comment

sorry m8 probably you have Hittachi :S

Took mine apart
                        Yellow label
                        9504 on top of drive
                        0225 on computer xusbpro
                        thats a bummer

Comment

Heya i open my xbox 360 slim and i saw that i got a yellow color on the dvd drive and it say i got a 9504

PS: I flashed my new xbox 360 v.9504 last night without any problems, now aim happy

Comment

Originally posted by vxd
                            Heya i open my xbox 360 slim and i saw that i got a yellow color on the dvd drive and it say i got a 9504

Not light yellow. I thought mine was 0225 because it looked yellow, but it wasn't light yellow. I opened it and it said 9504.

Comment

Umm interesting i might have to open mine and check it out now, anyone else with pics to confirm?

Also could you resize your pics a little please?
                              Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X