where to go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to go

So I've been searching through as many threads on here as possible until my head is about to explode.
    I cracked open my box and I instantly wanted to smash my head on the counter. Can anyone please tell me how to do this or better yet what program I have to use. I know there are lots of threads but I'm a noob at this (though I have built my own desktop)
    Can anyone point me in the right direction and there are a lot of gaming lingo I don't know own when it comes to this so may even some help there?

Thank you guys/girls and I'm sorry if it doesn't go here please, again, point me to where this post goes
    Attached Files

You have a slim, more of a pain than phats but not impossible...

Open the drive up and check if it's a winbond or mx chip, you can drill and unlock one and the other you will need to swap out the board for the other - Google will help on that

Regardless even if you have built your own PC, consider sending your drive to an 'expert'...
    RULES: ixtreme.net
    TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe
    FOR SALE: Xbox 360 Consoles, parts and services UK

In case of spelling error, blame teh iPad

Comment

Originally posted by R3D View Post
      You have a slim, more of a pain than phats but not impossible...

Open the drive up and check if it's a winbond or mx chip, you can drill and unlock one

Would you trust this guy with a drill?
      plenty of guys still offering services
      sigpic

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
      looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments

Comment

Originally posted by JAYCE View Post
        Would you trust this guy with a drill?
        plenty of guys still offering services
        consider sending your drive to an 'expert'...
        TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe

Comment

Its a chip.

Don't be so harsh, it just been a long time since I've actually gotten my hands into computers and I have never messed with a system so its new to me.

I can find people on here to fix it for me? if I do then the only I have to do to update it myself is? or do I have to keep sending it back?

I do appreciate your wise words of wisdom

Comment

Once it's done it's done, M$ locked the fw a long time ago so depending on where you are, check the classifieds

Comment

Yep check the classifieds section http://www.ixtreme.net/classifieds/

Once flashed to LTU firmware you'll be free to perform system updates, should a new firmware come out you would need to send your drive of again but that's highly unlikely
              Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

Thank you both very much. I have one more question. If I get a phat do I still have to go through the process of sending it out or is it all programming as in software not soldering wires and such?

Comment

You still need to flash a phat but no drilling or swapping boards...much easier!

Comment

I think gamestop has a bundle for a refurb. for like 80$ with ass. creed and mw3 and something else and a 20gb hd. that's a pretty good deal isn't it?

Comment

Shop about and find some local classifieds or something to compare against as I'm not sure what the going rate is for them over there
                      Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

Working...
                      X