Upgrade dashboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade dashboard

I'm currently on dashboard 2.0.16767.0 and running LT 2.01. How do I go about updating the dashboard to the latest version?

I assume u have a Sammy or hitachi drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sammy

Comment

Some on please help a broda out?!

Comment

Update via USB How to Get a New Xbox 360 Update no need to revert back to stock firmware, iXtreme will remain intact
          Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

So for all XBOX360s using LT+3.0, all I have to do to upgrade the Dashboard is to install the official ones easily?

Just curious.

Comment

Correct, its recommended you flash back to stock firmware first but its really not necessary
              Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

Comment

If I do revert to stock firmware as recomended, do I still have to open the system and flash the drive if I still want to use LT+3.0 or any custom firmwares by IXTreme?

Comment

If you flash your your dvd drive with stock firmware then it will need re flashing with lt again

Comment

What's the difference between "stock" firmware and the official ones found in Microsoft's website?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertX View Post
                      If I do revert to stock firmware as recomended, do I still have to open the system and flash the drive if I still want to use LT+3.0 or any custom firmwares by IXTreme?
                      Yes you will need to open the 360 in order to flash your drive

Originally posted by murphyblue View Post
                      If you flash your your dvd drive with stock firmware then it will need re flashing with lt again
                      Correct
                      Originally posted by RobertX View Post
                      What's the difference between "stock" firmware and the official ones found in Microsoft's website?
                      Theres no difference its the same thing
                      Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

Comment

Sorry, I am confused.

If there is an XBOX360 Dashboard update on a game disc, and I don't want to foul up the IXTreme firmware, which of the following do I really need to do?
                        _ revert to stock (if there are no other options)
                        _ install the firmware from the game disc (if this will leave the IXTreme firmware alone)
                        _ set the option to "no" (if prompted to update)
                        Last edited by RobertX; 09-28-2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

If its a game update then just update from the original copy not a backup, if you update from a backup the update will more then likely fail half way through leaving you stuck in a update loop.

If your too concerned about doing this then revert back to stock firmware update and then reflash to LT+.

What dash are you currently on?
                          Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

Comment

Will an update prompt you to update, or will it do it by itselt?

If the former, can I configure the XBOX360 to not ask all the time and leave the firmware alone, even if it's not the "right" choice?

EDIT: I apologise, but I'll explain. The reason for my confusion is that Slick said that reverting to stock is unnecessary. The original poster asked what he/she should do to go about upgrading his Dashboard. You, Mr. Slick, told him/her that reverting is not necessary.

I might be slow, or am not let in onto the joke, but did you (i.e. Slick) mean to say that updating the Dashboard is not necessary or recommended, but not necessary?

Thank you in advance for clearing that up.
                            Last edited by RobertX; 09-29-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

No you need to apply system updates for newer games to work, system improvements etc...
                              If you have modified firmware (LT+) its recommended you flash back to stock firmware, update your console and then flash back to LT+.
                              But since your on a newer dash there's no need to flash back to stock firmware, your console will update fine using LT+
                              Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

Comment

Working...
                              X