Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help from someone with comprehension of lite-on drives

ok, so, tricky situation:

i got hold of an xbox that's been sitting on a shelf for approx. 2 years.
    it's a slim xbox but it has a DG-16D2S drive in it, so a spoofed one.

the guy who had it before said that he started getting some weird error message about updates and that he couldn't play games anymore, the error turned out to be 3151-351F-B800-0401-C000-0022
    From what i've come to find out is that this means that M$ knows that the drive is spoofed and the console is banned, hence no update from live.

so i wanted to try to update the dashboard via USB stick. then i thought that i should probably flash it back to original fw first... and here i got stuck.
    i have no dummy file.

the firmware on the drive is 7485 which means that the dashboard must be pretty old right?
    so i thought, after reading the jf manual, that the iXtreme on the drive could be pretty old too, so i tried to extract "Dummy from iXtreme" which fails because of the "tray half-open" error, although the tray is half open, although the power LED keeps blinking. I'm using the xbox(slim) as a power supply for doing that. (that shouldn't make a difference right, fat or slim?)

or if it has some LT fw on it and i can't use the "Dummy from iXtreme" option, what error would i get?

when i press DVDKey32, it gives me the error ***Warning*** Serial Data is bad

i've also tried to put the drive in vendor mode and read the source, but i suppose i'm not fast enough with the drive's power cable (i have no special hardware for this) because it never goes into vendor mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).png
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	443138

so.. tricky..
    is there a way to use a random dvd key, the console being banned anyway because of the C000-0022
    or could i still extract the dummy from it somehow? does the "serial data is bad" mean that the drive is corrupt or the previous owner had f*cked up somehow with an update?
    is it salvageable in some way ?

i'm kinda n00bish, i last did something like this when BenQ's were new and man were they easier.
    anywho, hope someone can help me, don't know what to do with the box.

And all the best to you

Are you using a probe? Are you sure this is a slim xbox? If it is a slim, you will need a slim drive. The 13599 update that failed changed 9504 fw to 0272 and also locked the SPI. If you can get the info from the Liteon, you may be ok. If not, RGH may be needed.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk now Free
    Last edited by RhoTrux64; 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM.
    sigpic

New to iXtreme.net? Click on the ACHIEVEMENT

JungleFlasher / Tutorial
    Burner Max Payoad Tool / XGD3 Burning Tutorial
    iXtreme LTPlus Firmware
    ABGX360 /Tutorial

Comment

Nope, no probe.
      I understand that i'd need the probe for sending it into intro mode, but is it also required for the Dummy from iXtreme option, or the DVDKey32 option?

Comment

Are you following the JungleFlasher tutorial? Yes, you will need the probe.

sigpic

New to iXtreme.net? Click on the ACHIEVEMENT

JungleFlasher / Tutorial
        Burner Max Payoad Tool / XGD3 Burning Tutorial
        iXtreme LTPlus Firmware
        ABGX360 /Tutorial

Comment

Dangnabbit, the wasted hours and headache.
          I'll get a probe and try again then.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RhoTrux64 View Post
            Are you using a probe? Are you sure this is a slim xbox? If it is a slim, you will need a slim drive. The 13599 update that failed changed 9504 fw to 0272 and also locked the SPI. If you can get the info from the Liteon, you may be ok. If not, RGH may be needed.

I only saw the "are you using a probe?" The first time (damn iOS)
            The dude claimed that the drive had worked in the console before.
            And it is a slim, model no. 1439 and mfr date 2010-07-08.. The drive has had it's legs sawed off to make it fit in slim's bay.

So if i got the key from the lite-on, i could spoof it on a new slim drive?

With the RGH could i put any drive in it?

Comment

Originally posted by ozmighty View Post
              I only saw the "are you using a probe?" The first time (damn iOS)
              The dude claimed that the drive had worked in the console before.
              And it is a slim, model no. 1439 and mfr date 2010-07-08.. The drive has had it's legs sawed off to make it fit in slim's bay.

So if i got the key from the lite-on, i could spoof it on a new slim drive?

With the RGH could i put any drive in it?
              You cannot create working fw for that xbox unless you have a original dump or slimkey extract if the drive is a 0225 originally, if it was a 9504/0272 you could re create fw if you had access to pcb/laser and drive serial numbers of the original drive.
              Your only choice is LTU so you need to rgh and follow methods for d5s drives, and will require a tx ltu1 or ltu2 replacement pcb and a donor slim liteon chassis, however if you are feeling adventurous you can write ltu2 fw to your phat liteon drive, but to remain totally stealth you will need to lock the spi.
              you can fit a switch (mra style) to vendor mode and unlock and lock the spi at will, this is how tx ltu2 pcbs work btw.
              anything I say is copy and pasted from the jungleflasher tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by boneym View Post
                You cannot create working fw for that xbox unless you have a original dump or slimkey extract if the drive is a 0225 originally, if it was a 9504/0272 you could re create fw if you had access to pcb/laser and drive serial numbers of the original drive.
                Your only choice is LTU so you need to rgh and follow methods for d5s drives, and will require a tx ltu1 or ltu2 replacement pcb and a donor slim liteon chassis, however if you are feeling adventurous you can write ltu2 fw to your phat liteon drive, but to remain totally stealth you will need to lock the spi.
                you can fit a switch (mra style) to vendor mode and unlock and lock the spi at will, this is how tx ltu2 pcbs work btw.
                ^This is the only correct answer. Right from the nerdiest xbox nerd there is....

Comment

or you could dump the key off the 16D2s and pop it with LTPlus V3 on to an unlocked 16D4s . i have just done it with one of mine.

You only need the key from the drive, unlocked D4s drives on ebay for £25. and they work fine.
                  http://www.ixtreme.net/downloads-tut...tml#post209529 Using a 360 for flashing

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61768 Pot Tweaking

http://www.ixtreme.net/uk-flashing-s...hire-area.html 360 Custom Firmware flashing from £10

Comment

Originally posted by TFi1969 View Post
                    or you could dump the key off the 16D2s and pop it with LTPlus V3 on to an unlocked 16D4s . i have just done it with one of mine.

You only need the key from the drive, unlocked D4s drives on ebay for £25. and they work fine.

Comment

You smoking your own product again. Must be the blue stuff 90%
                      Click here for premium Flashing / Jtag / RGH / xk3y services in Manchester UK
                      Jungleflasher
                      Molex PC Power dvd cable + PMT probe
                      Xbox Backup creator
                      abgx
                      Don't say thanks click thanks

Comment

Why? what's wrong ? surely the 2s must have the slims key! if not then why try it anyway.. Both Joe and Alex please tell what's the problem with sticking a slim dvd drive in a slim console..

And i have just done it to mine. no bullshit chaps..

Definitely green Alex..
                        Last edited by TFi1969; 10-03-2013, 10:23 AM.

http://www.ixtreme.net/uk-flashing-s...hire-area.html 360 Custom Firmware flashing from £10

Comment

Why? what's wrong ? surely the 2s must have the slims key! if not then why try it anyway.. Both Joe and Alex please tell what's the problem with sticking a slim dvd drive in a slim console..

Definitely green Alex..
                          The problem is that you simply don't know the console OSIG.

Your method only works on 9504 OSIG consoles.

So you may end up eating money buying a drive.

Also, since he has a phat drive, why not just use LTU like has been suggested?

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.
                          Last edited by joesinger47; 10-03-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Definitely green Alex..
                            I won't pretend I know the full answer Boney will clear it up but it's along the lines of the 2S will have the DVD key yes but when you dump the drive you will find the serial data either missing completely/different format/corrupt. What's the chances the guy who did this copied serial data from the 4S manually inserting it into the 2S firmware he created if that seen possible?

To flash the 4S you need a dump from a 4S if you only have the key in some cases you can rebuild using serial data of original drive if you have it but only for certain drives.
                            Click here for premium Flashing / Jtag / RGH / xk3y services in Manchester UK
                            Jungleflasher
                            Molex PC Power dvd cable + PMT probe
                            Xbox Backup creator
                            abgx
                            Don't say thanks click thanks

Comment

So with the Hitachi's and 5s's you cant just flash V3 to a 4s along with the correct key from the aforementioned drives and go ?

Comment

Working...
                              X