0800 FW on Pre Dash BenQ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0800 FW on Pre Dash BenQ?

Is it ok to flash my pre BENQ drive with 0800 firmware? The drive was salvaged from a dead motherboard console, and swapped it from my Samsung so I could rip XGD3 games. It works so far, but is there any disadvantages?

I have used the same BenQ ripping drive for almost 2 years. Used the 0800 v1.6 fw , then 0800 v3.0 fw when it was released.

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G
    sigpic

New to iXtreme.net? Click on the ACHIEVEMENT

JungleFlasher / Tutorial
    Burner Max Payoad Tool / XGD3 Burning Tutorial
    iXtreme LTPlus Firmware
    ABGX360 /Tutorial

Comment

So is yours pre or post?

Comment

Was pre when I flashed it with 1.6, now post with 3.0

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G
        sigpic

New to iXtreme.net? Click on the ACHIEVEMENT

JungleFlasher / Tutorial
        Burner Max Payoad Tool / XGD3 Burning Tutorial
        iXtreme LTPlus Firmware
        ABGX360 /Tutorial

Comment

It doesn't matter what fw is on the drive when you flash 0800 as its a different fw altogether and pre and post make no difference. That rule only applies for dashboards and drives fw's with said dashboards. Since you don't use 0800 on a console, its makes no difference whether your drive is coming from pre or post 13141

Comment

What BigBoss said. Current 0800 firmware (atleast my drive) is a 74850C drive, not a 02510c, and it works fine.
            No Koetjuh, i will not press the thanks button

2000 posts

Comment

Also worth noting that if you only have a Sammy or any 0800 below V3 then be sure to use ABGX that will download and patch all missing data including topology data !!

Should be doing that religiously anyhoo . . .
              http://www.ixtreme.net/downloads-tut...tml#post209529 Using a 360 for flashing

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61768 Pot Tweaking

http://www.ixtreme.net/uk-flashing-s...hire-area.html 360 Custom Firmware flashing from £10

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoss View Post
                It doesn't matter what fw is on the drive when you flash 0800 as its a different fw altogether and pre and post make no difference. That rule only applies for dashboards and drives fw's with said dashboards. Since you don't use 0800 on a console, its makes no difference whether your drive is coming from pre or post 13141
                What would have happened if I didn't update to the new dash before flashing?

Originally posted by TFi1969 View Post
                Also worth noting that if you only have a Sammy or any 0800 below V3 then be sure to use ABGX that will download and patch all missing data including topology data !!

Should be doing that religiously anyhoo . . .
                Yea I knew that, but I don't always have internet connected for it to do that.

Comment

0800 FW on Pre Dash BenQ?

Originally posted by Derpest View Post
                  What would have happened if I didn't update to the new dash before flashing?
                  Nothing, think of it this way. Depending on what you flash to it, your drive can either be 0800, or pre or post 13141. There's no in between. 64930c and 04421c are both fw's on a BenQ drive compatible for the Xbox 360 console. If your consoles dash is pre 13141, the drive(BenQ) has 64930c fw on it (or any other pre dash fw for that matter). If your consoles dash is updated past 13141, its drive has corresponding fw that matches that(04421c). Whether 0800 fw is flashed to your drive before or after your console is updated, its still 0800 fw. You're changing the entirety of the fw on the drive. Jungleflasher doesn't give a shit what fw the drive was before, you can flash freely to the drive to switch back and forth.
                  Last edited by BigBoss; 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

What about if I was flashing LT 3.0 for the console, what would happen if I flashed a pre-drive?

Comment

Because LT 3.0 is built off post 13141 fw for drives, you'd want to make sure your console has been updated past that dash for the fw to work.

Comment

Ok, cause I used jungle flasher to flash this benq drive, and it was one number off from the newest firmware but still wasn't the post firmware from what the tutorial showed. Now I hooked up everything, and it worked fine, but I turned the xbox off and back out, and not the middle power led is blinking like it doesn't detect the drive, and now after I hooked it back up to my computer it doesn't detect? Did a silent update kill it or can this be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Derpest View Post
                          Ok, cause I used jungle flasher to flash this benq drive, and it was one number off from the newest firmware but still wasn't the post firmware from what the tutorial showed. Now I hooked up everything, and it worked fine, but I turned the xbox off and back out, and not the middle power led is blinking like it doesn't detect the drive, and now after I hooked it back up to my computer it doesn't detect? Did a silent update kill it or can this be fixed?
                          What do you mean 1 number off of newest fw? Fw is either 64930c or 04221c. Which version is on your drive? What fw did you flash? What dash is your console on?

Comment

The firmware only showed four numbers like 4343, but the image in the tutorial showed 4344 and 64930c

Comment

Working...
                            X