0xFF Lite-On Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0xFF Lite-On Status

I need some help. I was flashing my lite-on drive for the 2.0 update and something went wrong during the erase process.

Since then my drive keeps on showing up 0xFF status on JF. It somehow went from 0xD0 back to 0xFF before aswell with a fair bit of messing around with the 'intro' and 'lite-on erase' button in JF.

I have alse tried making a bootable USB and tried l-o-erase.exe in Dosflash.

I'm just stuck for ideas, and hope I havent wrecked my lite-on drive.

I have a CK3 pro kit for flashing/power cycles & my drive is a DG-16D2S

Thanks for any help

==========================================

Sending Lite-On-Erase request to port 0xD480
    Drive returned Status 0xFF
    Device Intro failed!
    Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xD480
    Status 0xFF
    Last edited by seanburrows; 10-22-2011, 03:20 PM.

what type of probe setup are you using

ive had a few do this i had to click intro and be really quick on unpluging and repluging the power, sometime that wouldnt work and i just switched the 3.3v line off and on and itd bring it back
    Originally posted by charincol
    it usually works just fine right up until the exact moment it breaks.
    Originally posted by Methtical
    Tough to unlock an MXIC chip? About as tough as taking a dump after half a litre of turbolax 5000.

if it aint broke, fix it

drive flashing, key retrievals and rgh/jtag services

Comment

I have the Probe 3

But I already have my key from a previous lite-on flash i done with this drive saved.

Its just not recognising the drive and coming up with 0xFF all the time.

I have tried the intro button and flicking the switch on the ck3 board on and off. When you unplug power do u mean the cable though? as I havent tried that

Comment

ya throught the cable and gotta be quick, it can take up to 30 tries for me lol

also the 3.3v line on the probe 3 worke for me
        Tough to unlock an MXIC chip? About as tough as taking a dump after half a litre of turbolax 5000.

if it aint broke, fix it

Comment

so what, i need to probe and click intro?

i havent tried that, cause i already have my key

im getting an status of 0x7F now

and last night i briefly managed to flash it somehow and then i just automatically deleted itself when i plugged it back into the xbox

Comment

if you have your key, you dont need the probe... just load that into "source", load the firm you want to put ON the drive in "target", hit "spoof source to target". then go to mtk flash tab and hit "liteon erase", power cycle after you hit "yes", goes into vendor, hit "write" and then "outro". you will be done.
            XGD3 Quality Benchmarks (per TX and C4):
            PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
            PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less
            Nero Discspeed score of 90 or better.

Jungle Flasher Latest
            Latest iXtreme 3.0 Phat & Slim
            Burner Max Download
            New Xbox Backup Creator & 0800 Firmware
            x360USB Update

Comment

ive tried that though, ive spoofed source to target, went on mtk32.... my drive doesnt show up under the correct SATA port. I click lite-on erase and do the power cycle and it keeps coming up with either 0xFF, 0x7F, 0xD0 or on rare occasions 0x80. It wont go into vendor mode and the drive is just dead because of it having no firmware on.

I have also tried the dosflash bootable USB method with l-o-eras.exe and it still shows a status of FFFF

Comment

http://www.martin-gardner.co.uk/how-to-recover-your-lite-on-dg-16d2s-drive-after-bad-erase/

t
                ry that and follow it exactally its never failed, its basically impossible to brick a lite on unless you plug it in upside down

if it aint broke, fix it

Comment

i might have plugged it in upside down though, to extract the key

and ive tried that way too, it just shows up as FFFF in dosflash

Comment

o not good you need to pull the pcb off and look for any signs of scorching if it was plugged in upside down it may be dead

give the link i gave you a go its worked for alot of ppl with bad drives

if it aint broke, fix it

Comment

ive tried it quite a few times, still nothing =/

i will have a look at my PCB properly to see if theres any signs of scorching.

Though I did get my drive working again and flashed for like 5 seconds last night somehow, though when i plugged it back into the xbox it just deleted the firmware again

Comment

Hi

I have the exact same problem. But instead I keep getting the 0x7F status. I´ve checked inside the drive but can´t see anything schorched.

Just wanted to know if you have resolved your problem and share some info on it.

Also so you know the FFFF status means you selected a port that doesnt exist. Try another port. But the 0x7F thats what keeps bugging me. It just doesnt goes to 0x72.

And I´ve been doing this on DOS with l-o-erase because Jungleflasher hangs my pc when I powercycle the drive ( Maybe that proves the drive is in fact not really schorched or totally bricked, just maybe).

I will keep trying it and will report any changes, in the meantime it would be great if you could also send me your progress on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I think its burned

Ok I´ve rechecked my drive PCB and saw that it was a little burned where one of the white wires connects ( near the red one and the other white).

So I guess I really wasted my drive. Maybe I did the mistake of pluging in the drive power backwards, It does seem to fit well.

Oh well, now I am stucked! Anyway if I swap the drive with another one all I need to do is spoof the dummy.bin to the new lt+2.0 on the new drive and will work right?.

Also when I spoofed the dummy.bin it gave me a message saying the file is old and that it needed repair . I selected proceed anyway. Then it ask me for the barcode of the drive. Is this necessary?

Just one more thing. Why can´t I manually eject the drive?? All I can do is move the laser compatment but the drive I can´t get it to move forcely by hand. It seems really stuck. Is this normal?

Comment

1) load dummy from old drive into source
                            2) load new 2.0 into target
                            3) hit "spoof source to target"
                            4) mtk lfash tab -> liteon erase. power cycle to get into vendor mode
                            5) in vendor mode, click write then outro.

you will be done. no idea why you are getting a message about your dummy you must be doing something wrong.

to manually eject you need to open the drive up and push one of the small horizontal plastic "bars". google "manual xbox drive half tray" and you will find it I am sure
                            XGD3 Quality Benchmarks (per TX and C4):
                            PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
                            PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less
                            Nero Discspeed score of 90 or better.

Jungle Flasher Latest
                            Latest iXtreme 3.0 Phat & Slim
                            Burner Max Download
                            New Xbox Backup Creator & 0800 Firmware
                            x360USB Update

Comment

Its really stuck

About the dvd drive tray, it´s stuck. I mean literally stuck! Seems like something gone into the cogs and wont let the tray slide. The drive fell to the floor once, when I was trying to connect it to the PC, so theres that possibility that it might have physically damaged the drive hardware.

About the information about my dummy.bin this is what I get:

But if i try to use my first CFW_dummy.bin that got created on my first flash as a source then I get no error.

Comment

Working...
                              X