This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to verify Xbox 360 backups are Stealth Patched with ABGX

I've been seeing a lot of talk lately from individuals wanting to know how to properly verify that your Xbox 360 Backups are Stealth Patched and Verified. It's a pretty easy process, that involves the use of ABGX 1.0, a program that can make Stealth games from a ISO dump, and can also be used to verify that your backups are 100% Stealth.

The first thing you need to do is download ABGX 1.0 for your current platform - Download them here. This is also the latest version, which supports iXtreme Firmware 1.51 with Wave3 support.

Now, install it and let's get started.

Next you need to have your Xbox 360 Backup ripped to your pc HDD using a Kreon drive, your 360 drive depending on FW type or a pc drive using the wxripper method.

This is how it should look on a PC when you first open the program. What we're going to do next, is create two settings for use. One of them will be just to verify a ISO image, and the next, is only to be used, if the game does not come back Stealth Verified.

The first thing you need to do, is click on the AutoFix tab, and select Level 3 (Autofix is stealth passes but fails verification).

Once you have done that, go to the top left of the program, click on File -> Save Settings. Name is anything you want, I named it "FixingISO".

So now we have two settings, a Default, which should be used on all backups you get, and a Second one, to patch them if you run into issues.

Now were going to load a iso image. And if you're wondering, if the .dvd file is incorrect, both settings will automatically create a new one, that you can use IMG burn with.

Go ahead and click on the folder, to select your iso image.

Okay, the next step once you have loaded the file, is to click on the Launch button on the bottom of the program. Let this cycle through all the way. If for some reason you get an error, this is when you want to load the custom settings you created earlier. So for this first pass, let's just keep it on the default settings.

You should see a screen similar to this. Let it run all the way through. Typically, if the stealth passes, once it gets to checking the Game CRC, i just hit Q to quit the process. But in your case, let it go all the way through.

As you can see from the image above, this Backup failed verification, there was no verified rip of the Xex/SS in the online database. This is when you'll click on load settings, or just click on Autofix level 3. Then, just re-run the program, and it will automatically download and update your Backup ISO. Other types of failures are you might get are error's in the SS, DMI, or PFI, thus it will automatically quit.

And that's pretty much it. The only step you have to do next is burn it with IMG Burn, which can be found here. Also, make sure you're using good quality media, such as Verbatims 2.4x DL, those are the only Dual Layer Disc that I recommend for burning Xbox 360 backups.

Enjoy!

Re: How to verify Xbox 360 backups are Stealth Patched with ABGX

how can i burn a copy of my own xbox 360 disc? Also, where do you get your games from?

Comment

Originally posted by hitman12444
      how can i burn a copy of my own xbox 360 disc? Also, where do you get your games from?
      You have two options,1) wait until ixtreme 1.6 is out, this will allow you to create your own backups. Or,2) purchase a kreon drive, which will allow you to backup your games.

Comment

is there any other way to rip a xbox360 game without having kreon burner?

Comment

when ixtreme 1.6 comes out, yes, you'll be able to backup your own games.

Comment

Do you know when ixtrme 1.6 is supposed to come out?

Comment

Originally posted by hitman12444
              Do you know when ixtrme 1.6 is supposed to come out?
              I thought it was suppose to be out last week. I'll defiantly post it here, when 1.6 is released

Comment

k, thx

Comment

james,

What programs/settings and media do you prefer/recommend to burn 360 games? I've heard Verbatim 2x DVD+R DL's are the best media, but what program and settings do you use
                  My Karma ran over your dogma.
                  http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/ram5t31n.png

Comment

Originally posted by ram5t31n
                    james,

What programs/settings and media do you prefer/recommend to burn 360 games? I've heard Verbatim 2x DVD+R DL's are the best media, but what program and settings do you use
                    I also use Verbatims 2.4x DVD+R's. Other than that, just set the speed to 2.4x and that's it.

Haven t had any coasters in awhile.

Comment

I use office depot brand and have plenty of coasters about half the stack, but I'm waiting till i run out before I buy Verbatims.

Comment

Yeah, verbatims kick ass. Expensive, but worth it

Comment

i have verbatims on the way, i cant wait!! but i got a question... what does it mean to stealth patch a game?

Comment

It means the backup reports back as being identical as the original.

Comment

Stealth Patch a game is to make sure that it is safe to use online. You can check that its safe by using abgx360

Comment

Working...
                              X