Kprobe2 clarification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kprobe2 clarification

Ive burned my first XGD3 game, now, iam hoping i could get an appraisal of these results from you guys, the experts.

Are these Kprobe2 results acceptable?..

as a sidenote, i noticed at around 49.7 percent of scan, Kprobe2 was stating there was "servo error ----- at LBA -----

how common are these types of errors?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by concabuu; 01-04-2012, 03:44 PM.

no.
    XGD3 Quality Benchmarks (per TX and C4):
    PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
    PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less
    Nero Discspeed score of 90 or better.

Jungle Flasher Latest
    Latest iXtreme 3.0 Phat & Slim
    Burner Max Download
    New Xbox Backup Creator & 0800 Firmware
    x360USB Update

Comment

ok well i know we have heard many concepts and theories to enhance kprobe results.
      I assume these are acceptable results?

here's my latestClick image for larger version

Name:	kprobe test 4.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	435671

everything ive tried failed, but what HAS made the difference is simply clearing OPC, powering drive down then re-initializing AND removing x360USB and just connecting drive to my laptop via eSata.
      all other options appear not to have made any impact on these results.

Comment

Acceptable, not great. Did you use Singapore verbs?

Comment

Acceptable is fine...as ive yet to see great... from anyone.
          MKM-003 discs.

Comment

here you go. said you hadnt seen great results, doesnt get much better than this. it is absolutely possible I assure you:

Date : 12/31/2011 11:39:12 AM
            Model : 2-4-0-0 E:ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S
            Disc : DVD+R DL , MKM003 [Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation]
            Speed : 4x
            ECC blocks sum (PI/PIF) : 8/1
            Scanned range : 0 - 4267021
            Sampling count : 250800
            Errors : 0
            PI Max : 35
            PI Average : 1.31
            PI Total : 38721
            PIF Max : 2
            PIF Average : 0.04
            PIF Total : 983

Jungle Flasher Latest
            Burner Max Download
            x360USB Update

Comment

Originally posted by concabuu View Post
              Acceptable is fine...as ive yet to see great... from anyone.
              MKM-003 discs.
              Hows This for not seeing great from MKM-003 disks

Click image for larger version

Name:	KProbe_MW3.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	435683
              IF I HELPED YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON !

Comment

Originally posted by TTMAN View Post
                Hows This for not seeing great from MKM-003 disks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3007[/ATTACH]
                That is within standards so shouldnt be an issue!
                If anything i have said has helped you out or just made you laugh hit the THANKS button!

Comment

Originally posted by pachrist81 View Post
                  here you go. said you hadnt seen great results... it is absolutely possible I assure you
                  whether it was or was not possible was never a debate, appraisal of the results i have now, as opposed to when i started this thread was what i sought and Mania-92 gave a swift and succicnt appraisal.
                  Im just pleased that it is working...the servo error thingy, I never did figure out what that was about and I have not encountered anyone else that has had the same problem.

Comment

yeah. your post made it seem like you doubted it was possible, and clearly i wasnt the only one that took it that way. but glad you got something that is working for you.

my intention was simply to show you that is IS possible, not to rub it in your face or anything because as I said, I took your comment "as ive yet to see great... from anyone." as saying "I havent seen it so i dont believe it". my bad. again, no offense was intended.

Jungle Flasher Latest
                    Burner Max Download
                    x360USB Update

Comment

No offence was taken, and none intended. text is really an emotionless communication medium it can be taken anyway the reader reads it...unless i put a smilie or some crap like that after ...which i rarely do!

I'm still wondering what the the error (servo error) it produced first time was though? (i cannot replicate it again, not that i want to) as you know MKM-003 are definetly not cheap and it bothers me i dont know caused that error (servo error), as i did extremely little to correct the current results...
                      any ideas?
                      Last edited by concabuu; 01-07-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by concabuu View Post
                        No offence was taken, and none intended. text is really an emotionless communication medium it can be taken anyway the reader reads it...unless i put a smilie or some crap like that after ...which i rarely do!

I'm still wondering what the the error (servo error) it produced first time was though? (i cannot replicate it again, not that i want to) as you know MKM-003 are definetly not cheap and it bothers me i dont know caused that error (servo error), as i did extremely little to correct the current results...
                        any ideas?
                        All right so I know that I'm reviving a 4 year thread but a google search for KProbe servo error led me to this post. Same thing happened to me but it only happens on some discs and ONLY if the read speed in KProbe is at Max and the very same disc read at 4X will not give out any errors.

This began happening to me with a specific brand, namely Optical Quantum, so the question is, if I get errors at max speed but not at 4X, Is the disc considered good or bad?

Comment

[/QUOTE]This began happening to me with a specific brand, namely Optical Quantum, so the question is, if I get errors at max speed but not at 4X, Is the disc considered good or bad?[/QUOTE]

Naughty digging up a Zombie thread,
                          but yes reading at max speed distorts the results, so read at 4X, it will be fine
                          sigpic

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

the above site is for single xbox live and psn players
                          looking to join teams and take part in online battles and tournaments

Comment

Working...
                          X