Verbatim Discs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbatim Discs

Are the Verbatim discs end all and be all for a successful burn, even for XGD2 games?

Originally posted by RobertX View Post
    Are the Verbatim discs end all and be all for a successful burn, even for XGD2 games?
    To save headaches get Verbs for XGD3, use pretty much anything else for XGD2. I used to use Aone Gold if that helps
    RULES: ixtreme.net
    TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe
    FOR SALE: Xbox 360 Consoles, parts and services UK

In case of spelling error, blame teh iPad

Comment

Are Aones more reliable? Can you serve as witness?

I've used Ridata DVD+R DLs and I can't get a single successful burn.

I've recorded a log of the attempt, and the results are always the same: fail.

And I used the Optiarc that is supposedly the one that can burn properly.

The log is from Imgburn.

I don't know if it's the Optiarc drive that's doing this or the cheap DVD, please clear that up.

If there's more that I should show, please tell me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Don't burn at max speed, try 4x instead.

Comment

I did.

EDIT: Wait, I'll correct that to no.

Anything else?

EDIT: I must have sworn that I did set it to 4x. OK, say for the moment that you're right, are there other factors as to why I had a bad burn?
          Last edited by RobertX; 04-16-2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Run iso through AGBX before burning, burn at a slow speed, if your backups dont work your dvdburner might need replacing or you xbox drive could need a pot tweak, if that fails your xbox may not be flashed correctly
            Rules To Follow

ABGX Settings

CG Pro Gaming Tournaments

I will no longer help via PM's sorry

Comment

Good disc as I said save headaches and dicking around. At least verbs for XGD3, Aone gold are more than adequate for others. Cheaper media will probably be fine but will wear your xbox laser out faster. Horses for course and all that...
              TUTORIAL: How to burn XGD3 using iHas with Burnermax & Imgburn and verify using KProbe

Comment

Well, the local franchise computer store doesn't have AOne stocked; it has Verbatim instead. So, even for XGD2, should I get them instead?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertX View Post
                  Well, the local franchise computer store doesn't have AOne stocked; it has Verbatim instead. So, even for XGD2, should I get them instead?
                  They will be absolutely fine!

Comment

When Verbatim discs get mentioned here in this forum, it's usually the Singapore ones.

Can I make do without the Verbatim versions?

Comment

If your burning with Liteon drives which you should be! Then run a Kprobe on your burn if you get low PIE/PIF numbers then you 360 will handle it fine.
                      On laser burn the commercial retail disks actually put more strain on my Xbox 360 than my good backups (i.e. drive runs quieter and quicker).

Generally AZO Verbatims are the best but not always - check the manufactures code on the disks some are imports from Taiwan/China.

Comment

Verbatim is just a brand name not the manufacturer. Best to buy only AZO Verbatims as they generally have the better quality but still can vary on where they are made.
                        I have found Ricoh's to do well too at 4x.

Comment

Working...
                        X