HDDHacker v1.22 Build 20091022 ENJOY>>
* Added support for the Western Digital Scorpio Series manufactured 2009
* Fixed issue with Intel ICH9, ICH10 and VIA chipsets
* Implemented progress bar
* Added support for 80GB and 250GB HDDs (HDDSS.BIN required)
* Fixed issue, that sometimes caused flashing of Model Name to incorrect offset.
* Added option to create Partitions 0/2/3 (no more manual hex editing)
* Bug fixed, that caused errors like "LBA size does not match"
* Improved compatibility
* Minor changes
* Completely new version core
* Two flashing modes, Auto and Manual
* Western Digital Vendor Intro Power Brute for misflashed drives
* Minimized incompatibility problems
* Improved exception handling
* Confirmed HddHacker supports
- WD Scorpio Series BEVS/BEAS
- WD Scorpio Blue Series BEVS/BEVT
- WD Scorpio Black Series BEKT/BJKT
- WD VelociRaptor Series
* Changed restore command to -r "HddHacker -r"
* Changed appearance for more read comfort.
* Changed from .COM to .EXE
* Added support for the WD BEVS "RST" HDD series and maybe some others.
* Support for WD 120GB Hard Drives
* Supports ONLY the WD BEVS 'LAT' version!
* Added option to flash the Western Digital back to its original state
* Improved no more manual copying of sectors
* Improved compatibility, should now really work with all BEVS models
* Bug fixed, that caused flashing of incorrect serial number in some rare cases.
* Initial Version
How to use
HddHacker supports two flashing modes, Auto and Manual. Typing HddHackr at a DOS prompt
will start auto mode. In auto mode all hard drives will be detected automatically.
In manual mode you can enter all the parameters used for flashing by hand.
The following help screen is displayed if you start HddHacker with a wrong number of
HDDHACKR [C|D|F|R] [PORT] [DRIVE POS] [SECTOR FILE] [RESTORE FILE]
C: Create Partitions 0/2/3
D: Dump sector 16-22 from XBOX360 HDD to file
F: Flash Western Digital firmware
R: Restore Western Digital firmware
PORT: Port to send command to e.g. 09F0
DRIVE POS: A0 for Master, B0 for Slave
SECTOR FILE: Sector dump file e.g. HDDSS.BIN
RESTORE FILE: Firmware restore file e.g. UNDO.BIN
Example for create, dump, flash and restore:
HDDHACKR C 09F0 A0
HDDHACKR D 09F0 A0 HDDSS.BIN
HDDHACKR F 09F0 A0 HDDSS.BIN UNDO.BIN
HDDHACKR R 09F0 A0 UNDO.BIN
Explanation of the Parameters
- this will set the mode of operation, it is recommended to first try to dump the XBOX360
hard drive data, if the dump will fail, it is highly unlikely that a flash or restore
will succeed on the Western Digital drive
- the port to which the Hard Drive is connected, a port number should always be entered
in hexadecimal and have 4 hex digits, valid ports are: 01F0, 09F0, .....
- this option can be used if your PCI adapter card or on board SATA ports are
not identified by the auto mode
- on SATA ports this value is always A0, cause you can only connect a master drive to
a SATA port, so for SATA you will always type A0 here
- name of the sector 16-22 dump file better known as HDDSS.BIN
- name of the firmware restore file e.g. UNDO.BIN
Using HddHacker in manual mode
* Dumping the HDDSS.BIN file *
Boot to MS-DOS from a writeable medium (like a floppy or UBS Stick).
Connect an *original* Xbox360 HDD to your SATA controller. Make sure it is the only
SATA device that is connected. Now run 'HDDHACKR D [PORT] A0 HDDSS.BIN' and it will create
the file 'HDDSS.BIN' and save it to the path you've started HddHacker from.
* Creating Partitions 0/2/3 *
In auto-mode the Partition 0/2/3 will be created automaticly to make the drive compatible
with "Xplorer360" and XBOX360 Console. In manual-mode you have to type 'HDDHACKR C [PORT] A0'.
* Flashing your Western Digital drive *
Turn off your PC and connect the Western Digital hard drive. Boot to MS-DOS again.
Type 'HDDHACKR F [PORT] A0 HDDSS.BIN UNDO.BIN' from the same path you have saved the HDDSS.BIN
file to. This will create an 'UNDO.BIN' file that you need if you want to undo the hack
and flash your firmware back to the original state.
* Restoring your WD to original state *
If you don't want to use your modded WD HDD in your XBOX360 anymore and you want to
flash it back to its original size/state, then you can now do so. Boot to MS-DOS and
run 'HDDHACKR R [PORT] A0 UNDO.BIN'. This will use the UNDO.BIN file you created before to
restore the drive to its original state.
* Vendor Intro Power Brute for misflashed drives *
To enter the recovery mode you should boot to MS-DOS, connect your hard drive to PC and type
'HDDHACKR R [PORT] A0 UNDO.BIN'. If the hard drive is misflashed you will be prompted with:
"Western Digital Vendor Intro failed on port [PORT]"
"Do you want to resend the command until the drive responds (Y/N)?"
Press YES, disconnect the hard drive from power and connect it again.
You should get Status 0x50 and the drive will be reflashed.
Q. Will this tool allow me to connect a 500GB drive to my x360 ?
A. No. The information on sector 16 is signed and can't be changed. You can
only use the size where you have a valid signature for. In otherwords, if a
bigger HDD comes out, then you can use that signature.
Q. With which HDD's does this work ?
A. As of version 1.22, it now works with all sizes and versions of the
WesternDigital Scorpio Series.
Q. Do I need the same size WD HDD as the size on sector 16 states ?
A. No. You can use bigger HDD's, but you can't use more than the size stated
in sector 16. You can NOT use smaller HDD's than the size on sector 16 states.
For example, you can use a 40GB HDD with a sector 16 from a 20GB HDD, but
not the other way around of course.
Q. Can I use the HDD in my PC again ?
A. Of course. The tool comes with an 'restore' option, that will restore the
original size. For example, you use a 40GB WD HDD, you used HDDSS.BIN from
a valid xbox360 20GB HDD, so the tool will transform your 40GB HDD into a 20GB HDD.
However, you can restore it to 40GB anytime you want with the restore option.
Q. I lost my UNDO.BIN file, can I use it from another drive ?
A. There's no guarantee this will work. It might kill your drive.
Using a UNDO.BIN from a different model (e.g. LAT/RST) will kill your drive for sure.
Q. I have a XBOX360 Core/Arcade version and want to use this hack to buy a cheap HDD.
But how do i connect it ?
A. If you don't have a Premium/Elite, you can make the HDD internal. One great tutorial
that will show you how to do this: http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=9542.0
Q. The tool doesn't detect my HDD !
A. First, make sure you are running it from real MS-DOS, not from a DOS box under windows.
If the HddHacker does not autodetect your SATA controller then let us know about it.
Q. The HddHacker says the UNDO.BIN file already exists.
A. If you previously made an UNDO.BIN file, then you should keep that one. There's no
need to create another one. Keep in mind that the UNDO.BIN represents the current state
of the drive.
Q. Could you do this for my Seagate, Maxtor, Samsung or whatever drive too ?
A. Yes, but I don't have plans to do so. It is a lot of work to convert this tool
for usage with other brands and don't think it is worth the trouble.
I'm thinking of upgrading my HDD with this WD, will this work?
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=44571 ... gital%20WD
All right, well I have a couple of questions. First: I dont currently have a hard drive, so would this work a 250 gb hdd with the case for a 20/60/120gb hard drive? (I can get it from ebay, just search "xbox 360 hard drive case")
Second, I was doing some reading about bans, so will I get banned from using the hddss.bin provided in the post above?
Hi i am new to this but have aquestion about which hdd's i can use for this i have an Hitachi 5K250-250? (it is a 250 gb hdd)
I have tried to do as the tutorial say's but finish with a execption that it can't create a undo.bin. but when i hook it up to the xbox no mem device present ??.
When i use hddhackr its does not say that the drive is already fixed. so i can format it over and over.
ooh migjt be importend it is NTFS formated might here be the problem ??
Kind regards Trible
Thanks for the reply
will buy a western digital will find out which will work and get that one.
So this looks easy enough. Anyone heard of anyone else getting banned from live for this mod? I don't see how M$ would know as long as you are using the correct drive and bin file. Just curios because I'm about to order this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822136387
Not to sure about the risks now, they did block all unofficial storage devices or something like that but iv not heard of any issues with this yet so... Anyone else?